Support for better blog than Mamblog

17 years 11 months ago #13016 by SlideRiceFC
Replied by SlideRiceFC on topic Re:Support for better blog than Mamblog
Just wondering if anyone had set up plog/lifetype yet and if they had any feedback?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

17 years 10 months ago #13820 by ffaabbss
Replied by ffaabbss on topic Re:Support for better blog than Mamblog
nant wrote:

stevebor1 wrote:

joomblog is coming out soon with its CB plugin. Stay tuned. It's far better than Mamblogs.

Actually, because joomblog uses the core joomla content management functionality all joomblogs will appear in the author tab. This means that there is integration already.

hi nick! what did you mean with there is integration already? have seen your comment on the joomblog site you wanted to work on a plugin? is it the one that is out?
how are things going? why is there no official 'GO for joomblog' on the cb site?
isn't it already multiuser and stable, then why don't you go for it?
i am currently fighting against mamblog on my site so to say as it does not what i want;)
would you already suggest switching?
would be great if there was any good news!!!

thx
fabs

Post edited by: ffaabbss, at: 2006/05/24 19:28

17 years 10 months ago #13855 by averan
Replied by averan on topic Re:Support for better blog than Mamblog
All we really need is a very simple component that creates its own section (like mamblog) and then auto-creates categories within that section for each registered user.

then registered users could simply create content and publish it to their own private category.

then simply use joomla's menu system to create a blogcategory link for the user.

i'm going to hire someone to adapt and update mamblog to achieve this. Joomla has enough power on its own to handle basic blogging. blogs are mostly just content items displayed in blogview!

i don't see much need for a completely separate application to handle this.

i'll keep the community posted.

ps. joomblog bites harder than mamblog! it is so ugly, bloated, and tries to do too much. it basically converts your entire site into a blog! and many of its features don't even work. i'm talking about v2.2RC5!

Post edited by: averan, at: 2006/05/25 01:51

17 years 10 months ago #13859 by mediaguru
Replied by mediaguru on topic Re:Support for better blog than Mamblog
averan wrote:

All we really need is a very simple component that creates its own section (like mamblog) and then auto-creates categories within that section for each registered user.

then registered users could simply create content and publish it to their own private category.

then simply use joomla's menu system to create a blogcategory link for the user.

i'm going to hire someone to adapt and update mamblog to achieve this. Joomla has enough power on its own to handle basic blogging. blogs are mostly just content items displayed in blogview!

i don't see much need for a completely separate application to handle this.

i'll keep the community posted.

ps. joomblog bites harder than mamblog! it is so ugly, bloated, and tries to do too much. it basically converts your entire site into a blog! and many of its features don't even work. i'm talking about v2.2RC5!

Post edited by: averan, at: 2006/05/25 01:51

More power to ya!

CB/Joomla golf site: www.thegolfspace.com
Geek/joomla site: www.tkserver.com

Check out my Joomla/CB projects:

* LIKE thumbs up system for "liking" content items
* Karma - CB user rating system
* Golf Score Tracker
* Jitter - status update system. "What's on your mind?"
* CB Author Plug - Shows CB author link and avatar in content items. J1.5 compatible and very customizable!

Found on my web site or in the Joomlapolis Directory !

17 years 10 months ago #13865 by pointri
Replied by pointri on topic Re:Support for better blog than Mamblog
That's great to hear, averan. Blogging is one of those 3PD extension sets for Joomla that should be a natural complement to a CMS, but development has suffered quite a bit.

For inspiration, an excellent rehashing and repurposing of blogging for community sites is Newsvine: www.newsvine.com.

Joomlapolitan zealot and a somewhat stealthy, rather passive CB3PD developer.
www.constructionlounge.com Construction Lounge: Online resource and networking portal for the construction and remodeling industries.

17 years 10 months ago #14186 by alistaircochrane
Replied by alistaircochrane on topic Re:Support for better blog than Mamblog
Perhaps when Joomla Joes profile book comes out some bright spark will be able to reverse the functionality so that only the user can create entries and guests/other users can provided feedback?

i.e. The reverse of what happens with the profile book.

To me that would create a decent blog that is based in a users tab and would be much better that mamblog.

I pm'd Joomla Joe about this a while ago and he said...

"Interesting idea... This would significantly alter the the data model used for the profilebook plugin as currently you can only have 1 feedback for each comment. I think it would be best if it was a separate plugin but one that could leverage a lot of the code in profilebook."

Wish I knew how to do it... maybe I'll learn one day!

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.212 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn