Paid-Subscription version of CB

17 years 11 months ago #11083 by blawrimore
Paid-Subscription version of CB was created by blawrimore
I have spent untold hours searching the web, and there is no script or software that will let you charge a subscription fee using the latest versions of Joomla and CB. Older products require you to uninstall CB2 and go back to CB1, which is very undesirable, or else do not integrate with CB at all.

Many Joomla-CB users around the world would be glad to PAY for a special version of CB2 that included integrated Paypal subscription. This would be a real service as well as generate income for the intrepid CB team. Come on guys - help us out here. Don't make us go backwards!

I will be happy to help and advise but am not a coder.

President, Lawrimore Inc., lciweb.com
Administrator, Small Business Success Network, sbsn.org

Please Log in to join the conversation.

17 years 11 months ago #11086 by nant
Replied by nant on topic Re:Paid-Subscription version of CB

Many Joomla-CB users around the world would be glad to PAY for a special version of CB2 that included integrated Paypal subscription. This would be a real service as well as generate income for the intrepid CB team.

Maybe we can stimulate some paid development investment from the CB Team. How much would you be willing to pay per site installation? Lets see how many people are really interested and what their budget would be.

Reply to this thread with the estimated number of sites and the projected license fee cost.

17 years 11 months ago #11094 by blawrimore
Replied by blawrimore on topic Re:Paid-Subscription version of CB
Nick,

Glad to see you pick up this thread. I have talked to 4 or 5 people on various Joomla sites who are looking for this, and at least that many again have similar comments in recent threads. One I emailed with said he'd be glad to pay $200. So would I. However, if you wanted to sell many, a typical market price for a module that handled Paypal IPN would be more in the $50 range.

I used to work with phpnuke and they have several vendors who sell a Paypal subscription module in that range. But phpnuke is plug ugly compared to Joomla and CB.

I have corresponded with the famous PixelBunyIP about this, and she is looking into it with interest. As I told her, I am a marketing pro and would be glad to promote this on various Joomla sites, although you are obviously well connected yourself.

If I can't get a Joomla-CB2 solution in the next few weeks, I may have to go with Mambocharge, which only works with CB1. It's scary to think of uninstalling CB2 and going backwards. Jeff at Mambocharge/mamboresources says his programmer "crapped out on him" instead of completing a version that works with CB2.

Hope this helps, Keep us posted,
Buck Lawrimore

President, Lawrimore Inc., lciweb.com
Administrator, Small Business Success Network, sbsn.org

17 years 11 months ago #11107 by pointri
Replied by pointri on topic Re:Paid-Subscription version of CB
I should add that I might find myself going this route as well, and if a plugin were developed that offered registration along with a payment gateway, I certainly wouldn't mind seeing a portion of membership fees (% or flat fee) going toward further development of CB, if that's a transaction option in Paypal.

It'd be a win-win situation. Given how large some of these CB userbases have become, I can also imagine that it'd easily add up.

Joomlapolitan zealot and a somewhat stealthy, rather passive CB3PD developer.
www.constructionlounge.com Construction Lounge: Online resource and networking portal for the construction and remodeling industries.

17 years 11 months ago #11977 by woodywoodwoodiii
Replied by woodywoodwoodiii on topic Re:Paid-Subscription version of CB
It would be amazing if they could add this feature. I think most people would be happy to pay for this feature. (That's from a tight fisted Yorkshireman who can not remember the last time he got his wallet out!)

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.182 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn