profile search

18 years 2 months ago #4270 by evinh
Replied by evinh on topic Re:profile search
anyone have any news on when this feature might be available???

Please Log in to join the conversation.

18 years 2 months ago #4837 by lmcguire
Replied by lmcguire on topic Re:profile search
All,

I took the default Joomla contacts search bot, copied the XML and PHP files and modified them to query the CB table and fields I wanted. I attach it in case it's useful to others.

To modify it, change the .php file as follows:

1. On line 66, change the field names to show the field values you wish to use as the descriptive text of your results page.

(a is the default jos_users table; b is the default jos_comprofiler table)

In this case, I'm showing the name field from users and 4 custom fields from my CB profiles.

2. On lines 73 to 77, specify the fields you'd like to search. You can add or remove rows, just maintain the proper SQL syntax.

3. You may wish to change the order options found in the switch on rows 47 to 61.

I'm a newbie at all this, so hopefully others will be able to help if there are questions, but I've tested the files as they are in the attachment and they work fine for me.

{EDIT: Forgot to mention - install it and publish it as you would any mambot. The default search in Joomla will then include the CB fields you specify.]

Liz

Attachment bot_cbsearch.zip not found

Post edited by: lmcguire, at: 2006/01/26 23:23
Attachments:

18 years 1 month ago #5403 by patrickk
Replied by patrickk on topic Re:profile search
This is a very neat bot Liz. Although it's a workaround of something which is really missing in CB, for now it's definitely a good alternative. I think what everybody is looking for is something like this:

community.joomla100.com/component/option,com_comprofiler/task,cbsearch/Itemid,48/

Hopefully we'll see this feature in the very near future ;)

18 years 1 month ago #5416 by chac416
Replied by chac416 on topic Re:profile search
patrickk wrote:

This is a very neat bot Liz. Although it's a workaround of something which is really missing in CB, for now it's definitely a good alternative. I think what everybody is looking for is something like this:

community.joomla100.com/component/option,com_comprofiler/task,cbsearch/Itemid,48/

this search is from the CB Enhanced by mambome.com , thats what i am trying to find .. CB should include such an option in their next version

18 years 1 month ago #5417 by chac416
Replied by chac416 on topic Re:profile search
patrickk wrote:

this search is from the CB Enhanced by mambome.com , thats what i am trying to find .. CB should include such an option in their next version

18 years 1 month ago #6998 by ford
Replied by ford on topic Re:profile search
The search feature is actually my code, written when CB was still beta 4. I don't know if anyone modified it since then.

I AM looking into re-writing it for RC2 / 1.0 stable but it still seems far away. Right now, I'm programming an internal messaging system for Joomla (like uddeIM and others). It's taking a long time (I'm not very skilled at programming, so it's a learning effort).

But it would be cool to get the search feature running (again), this time for RC2/1.0 final. But I am very sorry that I cannot give any guarantees on success and ETA.

Cheers from

Ford :)

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.253 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn