Advanced Search nearly ready!

18 years 1 month ago #8793 by rg66
Hi,

that error has been solved in Version 2 of the advanced search component. We are still in test mode and release date should be beginning of April.

Thanks for telling me the error. Just solved that issue yesterday.

Without the CB users I would not be able to locate all the small errors. So a thanks to all!!

Bob

Please Log in to join the conversation.

18 years 1 month ago #8797 by animas
One more issue.
i added cb_birthdate before I installed your component. So it found that field in backend. But when I added some new fields after that and clicked update tool , no fields were shown. So I manually added them in table cb_search and it worked fine.

The previous error was only when DATE field is published. Other fields(even though added manually) working and searching fine.

Suggestion:
Conditional Field & Values
Some search requires conditional values. Like when country is selected, states only of that country is shown in state field.
I found a thread to do this for profile fields. www.joomlapolis.com/component/option,com_joomlaboard/Itemid,38/func,view/id,1752/catid,11/limit,6/limitstart,12/
You guys can sort out a solution to implement a common conditional fields procedure to implement in both CB and CBSEARCH component.

Quick Search Module

Age Range
Showing min max age range by calculating from cb_birthdate.

Post edited by: animas, at: 2006/03/23 13:49

18 years 3 weeks ago #9482 by rg66
Hello every one,

I am now releasing the component and the mambot to the community

the link for the component
www.emptorum.com/index.php?option=com_docman&task=doc_details&gid=8&Itemid=28

and for the mambot
www.emptorum.com/index.php?option=com_docman&task=doc_details&gid=9&Itemid=28

Please post at my forum on my site for any issues. It is more easier to check on my site then at all the other forums, where I need to search for them.

Hope you will enjoy it and that your vistors find their search criteria with eas.

I want to mention that I had three great sponsors, who have donated an amount for the development, which is Achintya , Raj and Tony Korologos. A special thanks goes to Achintya who has tested and given vital feature ideas for the new component.

Bob

Post edited by: rg66, at: 2006/04/01 18:26

Post edited by: rg66, at: 2006/04/02 20:36

18 years 3 weeks ago #9501 by pointri
Replied by pointri on topic Re:Advanced Search nearly ready! (Suggestion)
Wow, great job you did there, Bob. Can't wait to deploy it.

Here's one small suggestion:

For 'editora' type fields, it'd be nice to have it default to just a text input field on a search, rather than loading the editor.

Joomlapolitan zealot and a somewhat stealthy, rather passive CB3PD developer.
www.constructionlounge.com Construction Lounge: Online resource and networking portal for the construction and remodeling industries.

18 years 3 weeks ago #9535 by mediaguru
Replied by mediaguru on topic Re:Advanced Search nearly ready! (Suggestion)
If we're marking down suggestions for the next version here are some:

1. Like we discussed, having multiple instances or searches available. Say I want a simple search with 3 or 4 fields like (gender, city, looking for). Then I also want a more detailed search with many more fields for a more refined result.

2. SEARCH RESULTS WITH AVATARS AND USERNAME! Like myspace or many other social sites, have the search results show a gallery style result with avatars and usernames rather than a text list. This one would be impressive.

The search result should also show if the user is online.

3. I'd like to hide the variables from the user's view (and/or etc). For novice web users these may only confuse them.

CB/Joomla golf site: www.thegolfspace.com
Geek/joomla site: www.tkserver.com

Check out my Joomla/CB projects:

* LIKE thumbs up system for "liking" content items
* Karma - CB user rating system
* Golf Score Tracker
* Jitter - status update system. "What's on your mind?"
* CB Author Plug - Shows CB author link and avatar in content items. J1.5 compatible and very customizable!

Found on my web site or in the Joomlapolis Directory !

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.189 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn