Birthday email to members?

18 years 1 month ago #7534 by Aly
Birthday email to members? was created by Aly
I know many people want this, and I just ran across the following script that may do it. Wondering how difficult this would be to integrate into CB or just Joomla/Mambo?

www.interaktonline.com/Documentation/MXKollection/071430_sendbirthdaygreeting.htm

Please Log in to join the conversation.

18 years 1 month ago #7535 by lennox
Replied by lennox on topic Re:Birthday email to members?
i don't now... But maybe it's a better idea to send a pm (uddeim) when a connection of you celebrate his/her birthday this day.

example
You're connection USERNAME celebrate his/her birthday today, click here to send a birthday pm.

LENNOX
Official CB 3th Party Developer
Working on the CBRC2 Lennoxonline module
Official partner and PR-man of dcsFlashGames
RELEASED: Highest Karma Module
RELEASED: PROFILE VOTE KARMA PLUGIN

www.nightcity.nl

18 years 1 month ago #7542 by rowanseymour
Replied by rowanseymour on topic Re:Birthday email to members?
I've written my own birthday reminder module (jahkids.com/joomla/mod_birthdays.zip) and I thought about adding that kind of functionality....

But you've got a problem, cuz you have to do your emailing from a process that is run once every day. I can't do it from the usual page generation process cuz I can't be sure the site will get a visitor every day.

...and anyway...is an automated email really that nice to get on your birthday :)

Official CB 3rd Party Developer. Author of the Birthdays module.

18 years 1 month ago #7546 by Aly
Replied by Aly on topic Re:Birthday email to members?
well the site I'm thinking of is the official site of a singer/songwriter with hoards of fan club members who would love a "personal" birthday email from him. So yea, I think an automated email would be cool ... I'd just have to alter it each year so no one got a duplicate. Carry on the "mystique" and all ;)

And I'm using your birthdays mod and loving it! THANK YOU!

17 years 8 months ago #17983 by rswennen
Replied by rswennen on topic Re:Birthday email to members?
Guess there are two possibilities,

a quick and dirty one is probably a hack into the uddeIM.
There is allready a possibility to send system messages, to all users, online users and .... You would just need to add all birthday users and you can send a message.

The nice way would be a CB plugin that sends a brithday uddeim message and mail with an url with dynamic generated picture so the name of the user is on a brithday picture.

There must exist plugins that look like this to start from

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.227 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn