com_connector hook-in

18 years 1 month ago #8007 by ptmuldoon
com_connector hook-in was created by ptmuldoon
I'm currently working at getting joomla and vbulletin to work together nicely, and have already installed com_connector and vbulletin sql module (still need to try the vb_soap module).

Currently, with com_connector and the sql module, I can login into joomla, and I will be logged into vb at the same time.

But if I log into joomla via CB, I am not being logged into vbulletin.

I think it be great if you log in via CB and also be logging into vb at the same time.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

18 years 1 month ago #8091 by CorpWebHost
Replied by CorpWebHost on topic Re:com_connector hook-in
ptmuldoon wrote:

I'm currently working at getting joomla and vbulletin to work together nicely, and have already installed com_connector and vbulletin sql module (still need to try the vb_soap module).

Currently, with com_connector and the sql module, I can login into joomla, and I will be logged into vb at the same time.

But if I log into joomla via CB, I am not being logged into vbulletin.

I think it be great if you log in via CB and also be logging into vb at the same time.

There seems to be an ongoing issue with connecting vBulletin and CB. The thread with the most information on this is here.

www.joomlapolis.com/component/option,com_joomlaboard/Itemid,/func,view/catid,13/id,446/#446

17 years 9 months ago #16675 by svranch
Replied by svranch on topic Re:com_connector hook-in
Well, this evening, I found Community Builder and installed it. But I am worried as it seems to not work with the VBulletin / Joomla com_connector by Leonsio (moderator for the Joomla.org forum). Does anyone out there know if this is true? Or, can I somehow still use the com_connector which is installed on our Joomla site (and connects vBulletin to Joomla), as well as use the Community Builder?
The problem seems to be noted here from p. 15 of the Community Builder 1.0 Installation Guide:

Note: Once CB is in operation the default Joomla/Mambo Site User Manager menu items
from the administration panel should no longer be used (or at least it should be used with
extreme caution since it may desynchronize the original CMS user table with the CB user
table). Using this will cause problems.

I feel wierd moving forward at this point with Community Builder, as I searched and searched the Joomla and CB forums, and couldn't find info that said the connector WOULD work. I only found lots of warnings. VBridge was mentioned alot also in the posts, which I guess is similar to com_connector. However, I honestly don't know how similar ... any
advice would be much appreciated from anyone out there.

-Sandi
ladysword.com

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.184 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn