Running CB with safe mode = on

17 years 11 months ago #9890 by pertorstensson
Running CB with safe mode = on was created by pertorstensson
Hi everybody. I posted this in the discussion of CB 1.0 Stable recently ( www.joomlapolis.com/component/option,com_joomlaboard/Itemid,38/func,view/id,9384/catid,7/limit,6/limitstart,12/ ), but it was obviously posted in the wrong thread. This time I hopefully post it in the proper forum. If not, I hope a moderator can move this thread to the right one.

I have had some issues with running CB on a webhost with safe mode = on. But since my knowledge in this area is limited, it might just be my own stupidity that's in the way.

Therefore I have two questions regarding safe mode.

1) What are CB-users overall experience with running CB on a webhost with Safe mode = on?

2) Will the stable release have resolved all the issues with installing CB-plugins on a server/webhost with safe mode = on? Has it been tested? If so, will it only work on Joomla 1.1/1.5 or will it work on Joomla 1.0.X with the safe mode patch?

I've read this thread: www.joomlapolis.com/component/option,com_joomlaboard/Itemid,38/func,view/id,3135/catid,4/ limit,6/limitstart,6/
but I can't find out if it is resolved for sure or not.

My guess is that many CB users with me have this feature on their wishlist, since all the "big" webhosts (at least in Scandinavia...) seem to stubbornly have the safe mode switched on.

Anyhow - CB rules, thanks for all the great work guys!!!

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.159 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn