A module position disappears with cbpaidsubsbot

14 years 6 months ago #112159 by krileon
Yoothemes uses a lot of mootools, which is probably the cause, but can't say for sure. CB and CBSubs uses jQuery and mootools CAN sometimes conflict with jQuery, but generally it shouldn't. However, I do suggest making the developers of your templates aware of the issue at hand.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

14 years 6 months ago #113539 by Smokey4life
Replied by Smokey4life on topic Re:A module position disappears with cbpaidsubsbot
I had this same problem with my site... well not exactly the same but with using yootheme templates cb and joomla if you use a separator in your menus it cause the rest of the page to not load the only thing that loads while logged in is the left modules when logged out everything displays fine, which also may have been this guys problem and would explain why everyone said it looked fine to them (more then likely wasn't registered and logged in) Hope this can help someone.

14 years 1 month ago #126487 by paceit
Kyle,
I installed CB subs two days ago and exactly the same problem happened. yes, i am using Yoo theme LEVEL. All my right hand modules promptly stopped displaying. I have not had this problem with ANY other plugin/module/component. It's all very well saying speak to your template provider, but they may well say speak to your plugin provider. It's an issue I see all too often, when developers do not talk to each other. My site is going live next week and there is no way I can change my template now. I can confirm that disabling the CB subs bot results in the right hand position immediately displaying correctly. Can you maybe give some indication where this may be occurring before I speak to them? Is this something related to CSS naming? Why just the RIGHT position?

krileon wrote:

Yoothemes uses a lot of mootools, which is probably the cause, but can't say for sure. CB and CBSubs uses jQuery and mootools CAN sometimes conflict with jQuery, but generally it shouldn't. However, I do suggest making the developers of your templates aware of the issue at hand.

14 years 1 month ago #126490 by paceit
I've raised a forum query on Yoo forum and I had the following reply from the resourceful Bob:

Forum link:
forum.yootheme.com/viewtopic.php?f=179&t=25164&p=100299#p100299

Quote:
"CB use the library jquery, that may conflict with mootools, the standard joomla library.
Both use the "$" in the code to access code on the site.
So depending on what library is loaded, and in what order, it may conflict.
Jquery have published a workaround to solve this conflict you may want to implement."

The workaround link is: api.jquery.com/jQuery.noConflict/

In relation to my previous comment - who should be fixing this. Us clients should not be having to hack code to fix a conflict between code sets from different developers.

QUOTE UPDATE from YOO forums:

"As the YOOtheme templates use Mootools which is the standard library (it is automatically installed with Joomla), I would say it's up to CB/Jquery to help you with this issue, overmore as jquery have acknowledged the conflict. In any case there is little more I can do."

Post edited by: paceit, at: 2010/03/11 09:37

14 years 1 month ago #126526 by krileon
CB already runs jQuery in no conflict mode, please PM backend credentials to your site so I may further investigate. The conflict does appear to be JS related, but can not say for sure without access to the origin of the issue.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

14 years 1 month ago #126835 by paceit
Hi Kyle, I've PM's you. thanks

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.223 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn