[#1291] Required fields still required when hidden

14 years 1 month ago #123641 by d8tabyte
I had this issue recently where I had required some fields and totally missed that they were still hidden on some plans, and it was preventing registration. It was days before I realized it, god only knows how many sales I lost.

Just sayin, thats a pretty big issue.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

14 years 1 month ago #123648 by victune
beat wrote:

It has been added to CBSubs as a "nice to have" feature, and its use has been quite more extensive than we thought initially.

I don't know how you consider "nice to have", because this is one of the main feature of the CBsubs as mention on the product feature page:
www.joomlapolis.com/content/blogcategory/61/74/
    Third line said
:
"CBSubsTM allows you to setup different Subscription plans that your website members can subscribe to. Subscription plans have many different attributes that virtually allow you to support almost any imaginable use case scenario"
    And few lines after
:
"CBSubsTM to integrate with the following extensions/functionality:
* CB fields (ability to modify the value of CB fields of a member based on subscribed plan)"

I don't how you guys working there, but I really disappointed. it's a commercial software and you have already very good competitors.

This is very important BUG that should fix before any new developing of new features.

You must understand. We start developed websites base on the products features you publish. You never mention that there are crucial functional Bugs, until we found them.

Meanwhile be honest with your potential client and publish this issue on the Product page. In my country (common law system) this kind of misleading can make you very big problems.

14 years 1 month ago #123661 by nant
Don't want to pour oil on fire (that's something we try to avoid in my country) ...

This issue that affects some required field-types only, will be fixed in the next release (currently in alpha testing).

All the statements made are true. CBSubs does allow you to do all it claims.

The issue you have been discussing here has been mentioned before and for some field types, it has already been fixed and it will be fixed for the rest of the field types in next release.

A workaround has been given to avoid marking any CBSubs hidden registration fields (of the problematic field types) as required.

I can understand that this may cause you issues and that your use case might not work without these required fields and that you are pushing for a solution.

Your request has been addressed by three members of the development team.

Honestly, I don't see how continuing this discussion will help move things faster.

Back to work here ... ;)

14 years 1 month ago #123667 by softforge

This issue that affects some required field-types only, will be fixed in the next release (currently in alpha testing).

This is great but please also fix the client-side validation bug that that affect all field types.

I just want to make sure that you realise that there are 2 different bugs that affect required hidden fields. The server-side bug only affects some field types but client-side bug affects all field types.

Looking forward to the next release! :)

If you like our plugins, please consider writing a review on the Joomla Extension Directory or the Community Builder Directory ...

14 years 1 month ago #123678 by krileon
softforge wrote:

This is great but please also fix the client-side validation bug that that affect all field types.

I just want to make sure that you realise that there are 2 different bugs that affect required hidden fields. The server-side bug only affects some field types but client-side bug affects all field types.

Looking forward to the next release! :)

JS validation was fixed with 1.0.3. ;) Please update to latest CBSubs release. If using CBSubs 1.0.3, please be more specific as to what this JS validation bug is as am unaware of such a bug.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

14 years 1 month ago #123705 by softforge
Yes I am talking about v1.0.3, the JS validation was fixed for all compliant browsers but there is still a problem in all IEs.

The problems have been described in this thread so I copied these below:

darklizard wrote:

There is actually a big problem with ALL fields.

Now on 1.03 and the form submits in firefox but in ie6 and ie7 all the fields that are hidden as they are not needed in a particular plan are throwing an error. See the attached image. These are fields that are not in this particular plan so the person filling the profile would not see them to correct them. In firefox , same plan with same details submits fine.

The image shows ALL the fields that are in a plan, yet the alert box is referring to fields which are in other plans

softforge wrote:

I can also confirm this issue with IE6 and IE7. I noticed this post has been tagged with #1291 so hopefully this is now a confirmed bug(s) and will be fixed in the next version.

Just to summarise, the following are the 5 issues detailed in the thread related to required fields when hidden:

- Javascript alert box still appears in IE6 and IE7
- Fields of type textarea are always required
- Only 1 of the password fields is hidden so is still required
- Server-side validation still occurs on hidden fields (mainly affecting image and file fields)
- Data entered into a field which gets hidden is still submitted and validated (suggest clearing hidden fields on submit)

softforge wrote:

In IE6 and IE7, all fields are hidden correctly but are always required (in the JavaScript alert) preventing people signing up.

In IE8, the hidden fields never un-hide once hidden although they are correctly added/removed from the JavaScript validation but this can also prevent people from signing up.

I am happy to PM you access details to several sites that have this problem.

If you like our plugins, please consider writing a review on the Joomla Extension Directory or the Community Builder Directory ...

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.421 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn