[#1363] Authorize.Net situation resolved?

14 years 6 months ago #111786 by dirtypants
[#1363] Authorize.Net situation resolved? was created by dirtypants
I am using the same Authorize.Net account for my non-profit site as for a merchant account I have. I cannot ethically allow Authorize.Net to capture funds when I send out goods if I have not authenticated the credit card. Same for accounts

I saw this thread, which looked like an impasse:

www.joomlapolis.com/component/option,com_joomlaboard/Itemid,/func,view/catid,94/id,98016/#98016

If this is truly an impasse, I'm pretty uncomfortable. It is a deal-breaker. Credit Card companies do AVS by comparing the numerical information on a card (the numbers in the address and zip code) to the numbers on the billing address of record. So if it is 1234 Main Street, City, ST, 55555, it compares 1234 and 55555. This protects our customers and our companies.

I really can't tell from that thread what the resolution is. Did you give up? Are you really expecting us to remove the protection from Authorize.net?

Post edited by: krileon, at: 2010/01/06 15:08

Joomla 1.5.23
CB 1.7
CBSubs 1.2.2
Virtuemart 1.1.9
The topic has been locked.
14 years 6 months ago #111814 by krileon
So you're wanting invoicing address passed to Authorize.net? If that's the case, no this is not implemented. As mismatch would deny the purchase. Of course a credit card must be authorized and the proper information given to confirm a match in order for a purchase to take place, these are standard security measures.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
14 years 6 months ago #111866 by dirtypants
Replied by dirtypants on topic Re:Has the Authorize.Net situation been resolved?
krileon wrote:

So you're wanting invoicing address passed to Authorize.net? If that's the case, no this is not implemented. As mismatch would deny the purchase. Of course a credit card must be authorized and the proper information given to confirm a match in order for a purchase to take place, these are standard security measures.

Krileon and Nick,

I got off the phone a few hours ago from the Authorize.Net folks. It is important, for security reasons for those of us selling tangible goods, for the address, or at least the zip code to be passed to them.

I can't imagine that it would take much time to make that kind of authorization optional for the customer who buys CBSubs from you. Just a checkbox? You already have address and zip info.... I don't know the format in which they want it, but since I can't get to the php in the module, I can't make it work in a way that is secure. My terms of service for one of my MSP (merchant service providers) charges $25 for any disputes or chargebacks.

The image is from my Authorize.Net settings....

Joomla 1.5.23
CB 1.7
CBSubs 1.2.2
Virtuemart 1.1.9
Attachments:
14 years 6 months ago #111875 by beat
dirtypants,

I understand your concern and advantages of AVS.

In the first thread I simply mentioned that THE CURRENT purchase invoicing address may well be different from the CREDIT CARD invoicing address, without it being a fraud.

So I asked a question how we should implement it: should there be a 2nd, 3rd address asked in the checkout process ???

No answer to that question means at first glance no big interest for that feature....

Please feel free to answer to the question in that thread, and move the discussion forward in that thread.

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info
14 years 6 months ago #111877 by dirtypants
Replied by dirtypants on topic Re:Has the Authorize.Net situation been resolved?
beat wrote:

Please feel free to answer to the question in that thread, and move the discussion forward in that thread.

It is locked.

Joomla 1.5.23
CB 1.7
CBSubs 1.2.2
Virtuemart 1.1.9
14 years 6 months ago #111878 by beat
dirtypants wrote:

beat wrote:

It is locked.

Right, it was not replied since release 1.0.0 and that old release forum got locked last week.

You can answer here too, quoting the other thread :)

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info
Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.236 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn