folder access protection still isn't working.

14 years 6 months ago #111819 by mcooper03
Here's my situation. I've been trying to get this working since cbsubs came out. As of now all of my content is still unprotected. I have video files in a folder that I need to let subscribers have access to and block access to the general public. I have set up a plan with folder access pointing to the folder with the files. It's an absolute path and the protection plugin says it is writable. I take this to mean the path is correct. I have a .htaccess file in that folder pointing to the .htpasswd file, also in that folder. The username I'm using to try and access the files is subscribed to the plan and I can see the username in the .htpasswd file with an encrypted password next to it. The problem I'm having is I'm getting a 404 from Joomla when that logged in user tries to access the protected folder. It's my understanding that with this plugin the user should have access and any other person would receive a message that the folder is protected and a log on is required and that cbsubs would then offer a subscription plan to allow the access. This isn't working for me at all. I've been waiting for a fix for a long time and I had hoped it would be fixed by 1.0.3. Maybe I'm not using the plugin correctly or maybe it isn't designed to work this way. I need a way to protect my files. What can Joomlapolis do for me here?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

14 years 6 months ago #111823 by krileon
htaccess is server configuration dependent, if your server does not have the modules in place or is out date then htaccess protection may not work.

Please copy and paste the htaccess contents to this thread or PM to me, also ensure htpasswd is created in the same directory with the correct username/passwords.

You mention a 404 from joomla, yes this is going to happen. Joomla can not reach the component files. Joomla is not the same method as accessing the location by URL. If you're protecting a Joomla component, etc... then please use CBSubs Content integration.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

14 years 5 months ago #116151 by staeren
i also have the same problem. i have 3 plans. for plan A everything is ok. for the other 2 plans the downloads directories (rockdownloads) are also shown for public users while they are just for subscribers.

14 years 5 months ago #116164 by krileon
staeren wrote:

i also have the same problem. i have 3 plans. for plan A everything is ok. for the other 2 plans the downloads directories (rockdownloads) are also shown for public users while they are just for subscribers.

Please review my above post and do as requested there, thank you.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

14 years 5 months ago #116786 by staeren
i installed 7 folders with rokdownloads. only 2 of them should be public accessible. but only for one folder everything is ok. I copied both files .htaccess and htpassword.txt to another map (rights 755), but nothing is changing. Is normally cbsubs creating these files himself? do i have to create manually? why only one folder does everything correct?

14 years 5 months ago #116794 by krileon
The files are only created when a user subscribes. Subscribe your self as admin to the plan for free.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.171 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn