folder access protection still isn't working.

14 years 5 months ago #116825 by staeren
i just want to show downloads (pdf files) to the user. User A with subscription plan A has access to folder A (but i just want to show this folder only when a user belonging to plan A is logged in)

Please Log in to join the conversation.

14 years 5 months ago #116843 by nant
staeren wrote:

i just want to show downloads (pdf files) to the user. User A with subscription plan A has access to folder A (but i just want to show this folder only when a user belonging to plan A is logged in)

Hmmm, look at your Joomlapolis profile. Since you are a doc subscriber, you will see a tab named Doc-Sub that contains links to downloadable items. Non-subscribers do not see this tab.

Could this be sufficient for your use case?

14 years 5 months ago #116844 by staeren
yes, this would certainly be an possible solution for a part. Is this with docman? how to do that? any tutorial?

14 years 5 months ago #116870 by krileon
staeren wrote:

yes, this would certainly be an possible solution for a part. Is this with docman? how to do that? any tutorial?

This is done with the usage of CBSubs Fields Tabs Protection which protects a tab based off your subscription and then with the usage of Delimiter fields and Substitutions. See your CBSubs documentation for information pertaining to the protection integration plugin. See tutorials in my signature for information of advanced usage of substitutions.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.273 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn