folder access protection still isn't working.

14 years 4 months ago #116795 by staeren
i did this, but no difference. the files are created automatically and adminuser is added to htpasswd but i still can visit the folder of rokdownloads as a public user!

Please Log in to join the conversation.

14 years 4 months ago #116798 by krileon
rokdownloads folder is used by a component, folder access isn't going to do too good of justice here as it can break the access to the folder for the component it self. Protect categories and such of rokdownloads component with By URL Part on the Extensions tab of Integrations tab for your plan.

If you just want to stop everyone from access the folder directly (to stop file leeching) just add the following htaccess file to your rokdownloads folder.

ErrorDocument 403 'Direct Access to this location is not allowed.'
<Files *>
Deny from all
</Files>

Post edited by: krileon, at: 2009/11/13 17:06

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

14 years 4 months ago #116812 by staeren
folder access is blocked, but i just don't want to show the folder at all if the user has no rights...
do you prefer another component for doing this? remository or docman or another one ?

14 years 4 months ago #116813 by krileon
The folder WHERE, you're not providing enough information. Please keep in mind we don't know the capabilities of every extension. :laugh:

Frontend display like when you click Downloads at the top of Joomlapolis on the menu and you see different Categories, those folders?

CBSubs can't directly hide them as you're wanting, that would require modification of the code (folder access certainly won't do this). The only extension I know of that has very powerful User Group capabilities which will allow you to do that is Remository, but it's GUI is rather awful and would need some CSS work to make it more visually appealing.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

14 years 4 months ago #116823 by staeren
is this modification of the code part of your service? i have 5 plans (2 public, 3 backend).

14 years 4 months ago #116824 by krileon
staeren wrote:

is this modification of the code part of your service? i have 5 plans (2 public, 3 backend).

No, we do not modify extensions. I still need clarification of what you're trying to do or I can't advise what integration you should be using. You mention folder, but what folder. Folder on the server or the "Category" you see when you navigate to the component from a Joomla menu... etc...

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.262 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn