Password not send on registration email

14 years 5 months ago #113339 by fdkid
Hi there,

After upgrading to CBSubs 1.0.3 the Email on first activation sent from the Presentation tab is not showing the password, instead it shows the tag [PASSWORD].

The plan is paid and uses paypal. I've noticed that the email is triggered after payment is cleared on paypal.

1- Maybe the password is not passed to paypal on the string? is there any way to include it?

2 - Is there any way to have the email sent before paypal so my users can have the password in their email?

3 - Any other possible reason known why?

Other trhat that, everything works like a charm. Thanks to all

fdkid

Please Log in to join the conversation.

14 years 5 months ago #113341 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re:Password not send on registration email
A users password can only be sent based on certain events. Primarily directly after registering. The reason is once the password is encrypted it is not possible to decrypt it (joomla). On login, on registration, and after profile update is the only times possible to get a password in plain text. In other words add the password field to CBs registration Pending email. Password is highly likely to not work in CBSubs emails due to these factors.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

14 years 5 months ago #113375 by fdkid
Replied by fdkid on topic Re:Password not send on registration email
Thanks krileon, very helpful.

I do have a question and i could very well use your advice.

For the upgrade, i duplicated the live site to a development site, DB included. Although CBsubs might not have changed the DB, other upgrades i performed did.

While i was upgrading (2 days), several new users registered to the live site.

I have the upgraded version ready to go live but i'm missing those users.

Is there any way to bring those users over the new upgraded DB?

Thanks a million

fdkid

14 years 5 months ago #113382 by krileon
No real easy way other then migrating those users over again. Either with CB Juice or using phpmyadmin export/import. If they have subscriptions then use CBSubs import to give the users their subscriptions again (can also transfer from database if you prefer).

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

14 years 5 months ago #113491 by fdkid
Replied by fdkid on topic Re:Password not send on registration email
Hi krileon, thanks for your response.

I have no problem going into the Db. I'm just not sure if updating the jos_cbsubs_subscriptions table would be enouogh as to bring the new users over the current db.

Is there any other table affected than the jos_cbsubs_subscriptions?

Thanks

fdkid

14 years 5 months ago #113505 by krileon
You need to move the users as you would with any standard migration, you can't just move their subscriptions. User data is contained in approx. 5-6 tables. Use a migration tool such as CBJuice to move a user.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.213 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn