SSL received a record that exceeded the maximum pe

14 years 5 months ago #113387 by pegmattison
I reinstalled CB_Subs 4 times now and I keep getting this message. I checked everywhere and, according to the pdf, it should be working.

here's the site www.personaltrainingbiz.com

Do I have to use the older version instead???

Any ideas would be appreciated.

Peg

Please Log in to join the conversation.

14 years 5 months ago #113408 by krileon
SSL is not setup properly, please contact your host for assistance on preparing SSL. You do not need SSL if you're accepting payments outside of your site (e.g. Paypal payment gateway).

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

14 years 4 months ago #116811 by iamalive
Hi
I'm getting this message too and all I've got activated is the Dumy test-gateway!

So, according to the documentation this only uses the internal system, so why am I getting this message? And what can I do about it, as I want some way to test?

Thanks
David

Error code: ssl_error_rx_record_too_long

The link that's generated is:
mysite.com/index.php?option=com_comprofiler&task=pluginclass&user=79&plugin=cbpaidsubscriptions&cbpaidsubscriptionsmethod=dummy&cbpaidsubscriptionsgacctno=2&cbpaidsubscriptionspdtback=39de50ac78e5f825eb97f75cc3f64190&cbpaidsubscriptionsbasket=4&cbpaidsubscriptionscardtype=visa&result=payform&Itemid=13

I can see why that would be too long :-)

Post edited by: iamalive, at: 2009/11/13 19:05

Post edited by: iamalive, at: 2009/11/13 19:17

Post edited by: iamalive, at: 2009/11/13 19:18

14 years 4 months ago #116814 by krileon
You're accessing your site through HTTPS, of course it's going to check for SSL. Even when using dummy test gateway it'll check for SSL if you've set it to use HTTPS in your CBSubs -> Settings -> Credit Cards configuration.

It's a misconfiguration on your server, SSL is not setup properly. SSL is REQUIRED in order for CBSubs to remain secure. Your host should be using at the least OpenSSL and should be configured appropriately. Generally this means your server (apache?) is listening to port 443, but doesn't know to do so with SSL.

Try access your site with the following link:
yoursite.com:443/
yoursite.com/

If you can access and view your site with the first URL, then your server is rendering plain text on 443.

If using apache you can try the following fix:
ports.conf file
Listen 80
Listen 443 https

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

14 years 4 months ago #116820 by iamalive
Hi
Thanks very much! I've reconfigured the credit cards to be HTTP and so I can test it perfectly.

I'll pass on your info to my hoster to ensure that the server gets configured correctly.

I appreciate the help. Thanks!

As an aside - I also asked about remository, which I couldn't get to work correctly. I finally gave up and am using PhocaDownload, which works perfectly with the way it can be configured and the extensions plug in, so that each plan relates to a different "section in the component.

I am also using agora as the forum and each different payment plan goes to each different forum. So now my set up is almost complete except that I still need to add iDevAffiliate and then there's only the content to go......

Regards
David

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.390 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn