activation mail to early

14 years 5 months ago #116624 by staeren
Replied by staeren on topic Re:activation mail to early
i send you login and password. after registration there are 3 mails sent at the same time.
1/mail with link to confirm 2/mail from plan A 3/mail from plan B. So mail 2 and 3 are even sent before the mailadress is confirmed, and even before a moderator has approved the user... (is possibly the legacy plugin the cause for this?). thx for a quick solution because this is the only thing that goes wrong in this great extension (so far)

Please Log in to join the conversation.

14 years 5 months ago #116644 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re:activation mail to early
So the plan emails ARE sending, they're supposed to send. When a user pays their subscription becomes active. Check backend and confirm their subscription is active.

As long as the status of the subscription says ACTIVE in the backend and the user actually has the subscription alias in their row in User Management then the activation email will send as the users subscription is active.

Everything appears to be working as intended. I tested your installation and configuration seems find. If you're running tests from backend and giving the user a subscription it will instantly become active whether the user is confirmed or not.

Post edited by: nant, at: 2009/11/11 15:20

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

14 years 5 months ago #116649 by staeren
i just want the plan emails to be sent after confirming by the user himself and after approving the user in cb by an admin. it is not right that the plan emails are sent before the user is approved and checked (in cb) by an admin, because the settings of cbsubs have to follow the settings of cb (this is so by default)...

14 years 5 months ago #116661 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re:activation mail to early
staeren wrote:

i just want the plan emails to be sent after confirming by the user himself and after approving the user in cb by an admin. it is not right that the plan emails are sent before the user is approved and checked (in cb) by an admin, because the settings of cbsubs have to follow the settings of cb (this is so by default)...

Again, if the subscription is active, the email WILL send. That's just how it works, it wouldn't make sense to NOT activate the integrations when the users subscription becomes active. It should not activate their subscription however until they themselves are active, but this can be deterred if your creating the user in backend; as backend creation of users functions differently then frontend. Register as normally to your site from frontend and purchase a subscription (just activate dummy payment gateway to run tests). Am not able to duplicate your results, which could be a result of a conflict, but due to the sheer number of extensions you have installed it would be quite difficult to trace the cause.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

14 years 5 months ago #116665 by staeren
i just do not understand and/or agree that a subscription for a plan can be active while even the emailadress is not confirmed or the user is not yet approved by an admin in cb. i tested this in the frontend while registering a dummy user.

14 years 5 months ago #116666 by staeren
i mentioned that i do not receive an email anymore (as moderator) where i am asked to approve a new registered user. So maybe there is something wrong in here ?

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 1.224 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn