Can't get remository plugin to work

14 years 5 months ago #116516 by iamalive
Can't get remository plugin to work was created by iamalive
Hi
This is the only bit of cbsubs which is giving a headache.

In remository:
I have created three containers.
Each container is assigned to a separate group
Each container has it's own directory
A different test user has been assigned to each group

User menu:
Link to remository component (works, but shows all containers and allows access to none)

In CBsubs Integration tab of relevant plan:
Extensions: remository is selected
Remository Plugin: remository group is selected

So now the plan member can access the remository component but not the container with the files for the group to which the user is assigned (or any group for that matter)

My ideal: the link in the menu takes the plan user to the remository component where s/he only sees their own container and can access the files in there (which are only to be available for download - no upload is allowed)

So what do I need to do?

Thanks for your help.
Regards
David

Please Log in to join the conversation.

14 years 5 months ago #116532 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re:Can't get remository plugin to work
First navigate to Remository and check Manage Groups. See if the user you've subscribed to the plan belongs to the group as designated in the plan. Please note if the user already was subscribed THEN you added remository changes the user will NOT have these changes, you need to resubscribe them. This is to help confirm if the plugin is working or not as the title could be misleading.

As for the menu access I can't advise very much, I suggest contacting the developers for assistance in setting up menus. I believe you would just need a link going directly to the container of your choice.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

14 years 5 months ago #116539 by iamalive
Replied by iamalive on topic Re:Can't get remository plugin to work
Hmmm

I deleted the user and re-registered him. But no change. It did add the user correctly to the remository group, but still no access:

Access to this menu item not allowed without enrollment

So something is still blocking it. But where? Could it be something in the extensions plugin?

Regards
David

PS. I tried putting in a direct link in the menu to the container. Good idea which seems to work, but it still doesn't let me in :-(

Post edited by: iamalive, at: 2009/11/10 15:11

14 years 5 months ago #116540 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re:Can't get remository plugin to work
You've protected the menu link or module with a plan the user is not subscribed to. Check your plans or subscribe the user to all the plans to remedy the issue. Please as suggested in my first post check Remository backend Manage Groups to see if the user belongs to the group or not.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.183 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn