[SOLVED] Session expired or cookies not enabled

14 years 4 months ago #118779 by smclaine
This problem just started itself. When any user tries to login and/or logout to our site we get the following error... (www.reocoachathon.com)

ERROR MESSAGE
Session expired or cookies are not enabled in your browser. Please press "reload page" in your browser, and enable cookies in your browser. Please refresh/reload page before filling-in.

Site has been working fine. Ran into this random error for no apparent reason. Just suddenly started happening. We figured it may have something to do with minor changes made to CBSubs Plans. (changed user level for members who join a plan from 'Resisted' to 'Author') Changed everything back to normal ... same problem.

After racking our brains for 3 hours trying to figure this out, we decided to restore a back up from last night at 5:00 PM when everything was working perfectly. (Means we lose 8 hours of content additions by 3 different people)

Nuked the server and restored backup on fresh server install, and still get the same error. (this is impossible because we we did not encounter this error until today at 3:00 PM and have logged in and out all day long. (We are using a back up from last night at 5:00 PM)

WE SUSPECT, This may have something do with a change from a 500 user license to 5000 license but don't know why or how. We upgraded yesterday morning. When we upgraded, it said changes may not take place for a day or two.

Is is possible some change was sent from the server and created this problem? What is the challenge here?

Please help...

Scott.

Post edited by: krileon, at: 2010/03/30 14:40

Please Log in to join the conversation.

14 years 4 months ago #118786 by beat
License and limit certainly has nothing to do with this issue.

It could be javascript or template related. Check in firefox that you don't have javascript errors.

It could be a module or a template change, but certainly not due to license option.

You can PM me (click icon bottom left of this post) the url and a username/password to try it and help you.

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info

14 years 4 months ago #119199 by ThePiston
Replied by ThePiston on topic Re:Session expired or cookies are not enabled...
I'm getting same thing on a new install of 1.0.3 when trying to click on the main CBsubs plugin. I'm using Joomlart theme. No errors shown in Firebug

Post edited by: ThePiston, at: 2009/12/14 20:55

CB 2.3, CBsubs 4.3, PHP 7.1, J! 3.9.X

14 years 4 months ago #119202 by krileon
ThePiston wrote:

I'm getting same thing on a new install of 1.0.3 when trying to click on the main CBsubs plugin. I'm using Joomlart theme. No errors shown in Firebug

Post edited by: ThePiston, at: 2009/12/14 20:55

Have you tried reverting to default Joomla template to see if error is still present? Have you tried purging browser and Joomla cache? Have you checked server error log to see if any errors are present? Have you reviewed help us help you within my signature? We need more information to proceed.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

14 years 4 months ago #119204 by ThePiston
Replied by ThePiston on topic Re:Session expired or cookies are not enabled...
I actually found the thread about deleting Joobi - I did that and just clicked on the plugin, now Isee the plugin admin page, but this is at the top:

Warning: include(/home/site/public_html/joobi/entry.php) [function.include]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/ocrtorg/public_html/plugins/system/library_system_plugin.php on line 20

Warning: include() [function.include]: Failed opening '/home/site/public_html/joobi/entry.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/site/public_html/plugins/system/library_system_plugin.php on line 20
We were unable to load Joobi library for the plugin Online Status Update. If you removed the joobi folder, please also remove this plugin from the Joomla plugin manager.

I think that post:
www.joomlapolis.com/component/option,com_joomlaboard/Itemid,81/func,view/id,116834/catid,110/limit,6/limitstart,12/ said something about deleting these files, so I'll see what happens.

CB 2.3, CBsubs 4.3, PHP 7.1, J! 3.9.X

14 years 4 months ago #119205 by krileon
Sounds like Joobi is making some changes it shouldn't be making. I recommend fully uninstalling and removing any remnants left behind by Joobi. Please keep us posted on your results!

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.237 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn