Screwed by my host

14 years 2 months ago #124190 by dunhoo
Screwed by my host was created by dunhoo
My host after I have subscribed to CB subs (for 3 years)has stated that they do not support ionCube. :sick:

Is there any way round this or do I have to move to another host if so apart from your own who do you recommnend need for at .dk domain.

If I can´t move i will have to ask for a refund.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

14 years 2 months ago #124355 by nant
Replied by nant on topic Re:Screwed by my host
dunhoo wrote:

My host after I have subscribed to CB subs (for 3 years)has stated that they do not support ionCube. :sick:

Is there any way round this or do I have to move to another host if so apart from your own who do you recommnend need for at .dk domain.

If I can´t move i will have to ask for a refund.

Well, ioncube has been clearly stated as a prerequisite for CBSubs here:

www.joomlapolis.com/content/blogcategory/62/78/

Have you tried to install the free ioncube decoder as described on the ioncube website? If your hoster permits you to have your own php.ini file then you should be able to do this.

You can of course ask for a refund if within the 30-day purchase period, but keep in mind that there are many good 3PD extensions that need ioncube, so if you stick with your host, you might just run into similar issues in the near future.

14 years 2 months ago #124364 by dunhoo
Replied by dunhoo on topic Re:Screwed by my host
I took a big breath and moved to a new host and am now in process of installing plugins it looks good so I don´t think a refund will be necessary.

Even though you have a 30 day money back guarantee I think you should state more obviously that Ioncube is a prerequisite instead of having to read through the whole forum after having read all though the features and the manual. But i am just a humble newbee.:P

14 years 2 months ago #124369 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re:Screwed by my host

...think you should state more obviously that Ioncube is a prerequisite...

...It is a commercial, ioncube-protected, php 5 plugin subject to its commercial license.

As seen in the description of CBSubs on your Subscriptions tab of your profile; specially ioncube-protected. ;)

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

14 years 2 months ago #124434 by nant
Replied by nant on topic Re:Screwed by my host
dunhoo wrote:

I took a big breath and moved to a new host and am now in process of installing plugins it looks good so I don´t think a refund will be necessary.

Even though you have a 30 day money back guarantee I think you should state more obviously that Ioncube is a prerequisite instead of having to read through the whole forum after having read all though the features and the manual. But i am just a humble newbee.:P

Glad your all set.

Will take your comments into consideration and make it even more obvious.

Wishing you great success with CBSubs!

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.217 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn