Can't install CBSubs

14 years 1 month ago #124241 by cebo0650
Can't install CBSubs was created by cebo0650
I keep getting "Error! Could not find a Joomla! XML setup file in the package."

When I unzip cbplug_CBSubs_MAIN_103-E.zip and look for the xml file it looks to be empty, and is only 1kb in size.

Has anyone else had this issue. Is there a solution?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

14 years 1 month ago #124255 by nant
Replied by nant on topic Re:Can't install CBSubs
cebo0650 wrote:

I keep getting "Error! Could not find a Joomla! XML setup file in the package."

When I unzip cbplug_CBSubs_MAIN_103-E.zip and look for the xml file it looks to be empty, and is only 1kb in size.

Has anyone else had this issue. Is there a solution?

When you unzip the package you will get many more packages.

I strongly suggest you download the documentation (if you have not already done so) and r-e-a-d it.

Just sit back away from your computer and browse through it before you start installing. It will save you tons of effort later on.

14 years 1 month ago #124259 by inbta
Replied by inbta on topic Re:Can't install CBSubs
It might be that the main file did not download all the way or there was a corruption when it downloaded. Try this: Re-download the "CBSubs_103-unzip1st.zip" file, then re-expand on your system.

Make sure you are using the latest version of Joomla. Make sure you have the IonCube files ready to go.

I will help you if you need it.

14 years 1 month ago #124267 by cebo0650
Replied by cebo0650 on topic Re:Can't install CBSubs
Thanks, I re-downloaded the file a few times. Same result.

I am using the latest version of Joomla as well.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

14 years 1 month ago #124270 by inbta
Replied by inbta on topic Re:Can't install CBSubs
Okay, then there is something with either your system...or maybe the permissions on your site.

1) Who is your webhost?
2) Are you able to set and or check file permissions?

If you need personal help, you may either skype me at itr_eric or email me at cba_appt@yahoo.com.

Whatever we find we can post here in case someone else has issues.

NOW..I DO KNOW THIS. and this is important. YOU WILL not be able to install it UNTIL you have have IonCube installed on your host FIRST!. I can help you with this too.

Now..if you say, "..well I already have IonCube installed and it STILL does not work.." That means that IonCube is NOT installed properly. The biggest mistake people make is they do not create a php5.ini file. You also have to check your version of PHP on your host. If your site is still using version 4, (ew!) then you need to ask them to upgrade. cuz..well...5 is betterereerrer. :-) If youa re not using 5. Then the changes will need to be made in the php.ini file. Place the ini file IN the same directory as the IonCube Directory. Then after IonCube is installed properly. CSUBS will install.

Eric

Post edited by: inbta, at: 2010/02/13 23:52

14 years 1 month ago #124279 by nant
Replied by nant on topic Re:Can't install CBSubs
cebo0650 wrote:

Thanks, I re-downloaded the file a few times. Same result.

I am using the latest version of Joomla as well.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I believe both Beat and I have also responded separately via email to your exact same request (please don't do this - it just causes overhead and waste of time).

Back to your issue.

Please download and read the documentation as recommended in my first post.

You appear to be trying to install a CB plugin as a Joomla extension. All CB plugin are installed via the CB Plugin Management backend not the Joomla Extensions Install backend.

All of this and much more is in the documentation that you should download and need to read.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.266 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn