[#1559] Email Passwords

14 years 1 month ago #125445 by vcvasnau
[#1559] Email Passwords was created by vcvasnau
G'day Guys,

Although I'm not a fan of emailing passwords we have a dire use to do so. I've been playing around with all of the features of CB and CBsubs for the last few days but cant seem to solve this problem.

I want to have an email go out to our users with their selected or auto-generated password when an account is created but I want it to go out before payment is made. Now I know that this can only happen before the password is encrypted by Joomla. However, what I've found is that CBsubs seems to be holding off the pending email until the offline payment system is confirmed and the invoice link is click to close of the registration process - this naturally causes the [password] field not to show in the pending email.

How can the pending email be send before the offline pay method screen or payment confirmation link?

Post edited by: krileon, at: 2010/02/28 22:49

Please Log in to join the conversation.

14 years 1 month ago #125514 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re:Email Passwords
Unfortunately believe there is no work around for this. Emails are sent at specific times as Plain Text as after a specific point become encrypted. Have added a bug ticket for your issue for further investigation as not sending the email correctly is certainly an issue. B)

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

13 years 6 months ago #143908 by womanlinks
Replied by womanlinks on topic Re:Email Passwords
We are running into the same issue. Has a fix been found on the ticket you generated?

thanks!

13 years 6 months ago #143933 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re:Email Passwords
womanlinks wrote:

We are running into the same issue. Has a fix been found on the ticket you generated?

thanks!

No not at this point in time, sorry. The ticket has been assigned a timeframe, but we've yet to further investigate it as we've other more pressing issues at this time to address, sorry.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.199 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn