[#1562] Required Fields?

14 years 1 month ago #125580 by rugbydreams
Replied by rugbydreams on topic Re:Required Fields?
You're right, if I protect the field aswell I don't get the validation message.

Also the visiblity setting does not seem to work, as users not registered cannot see tabs even though set to cb settings (everyone).

Post edited by: rugbydreams, at: 2010/03/01 20:20

Please Log in to join the conversation.

14 years 1 month ago #125596 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re:Required Fields?
rugbydreams wrote:

You're right, if I protect the field aswell I don't get the validation message.

Thank you for verification, will investigate potential bug further.

rugbydreams wrote:

Also the visiblity setting does not seem to work, as users not registered cannot see tabs even though set to cb settings (everyone).

Post edited by: rugbydreams, at: 2010/03/01 20:20

Don't understand, could you please provide more details?

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

14 years 1 month ago #125599 by rugbydreams
Well if I set the...

A. Tab availability by Owner's Subscriptions:Yes, CB subs control tab availability.

Owner Plans controlling tab available in profile: Profile A

and then leave...

B. Tab visibility by Viewer's Subscriptions:No, normal CB settings.

Even though normal CB settings are set to allow visibility to everyone, registered and non registered users, it seems to still hide this tab from non registered users just browsing the site.

Post edited by: rugbydreams, at: 2010/03/01 21:09

14 years 1 month ago #125603 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re:Required Fields?
Believe you are misunderstanding the parameter.

A. Tab availability by Owner's Subscriptions:Yes, CB subs control tab availability. means the profile owner MUST have the select subscription for the Tab to appear. This is not protection of the field for just the profile owner. ;)

Please try setting B. Tab visibility by Viewer's Subscriptions: to Yes and not selecting a plan (blank).

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

14 years 1 month ago #125604 by rugbydreams
Ah yes, think I got it now. :blush:

14 years 1 month ago #125606 by rugbydreams
Will you post here any updates on the potential bug or should I just look out for the next release?

Post edited by: rugbydreams, at: 2010/03/01 22:06

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.307 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn