Required fields on registration IE8 error

14 years 1 month ago #125765 by joshuao
The site of one of our clients has been set up with CBSubs to allow registration of two different types of users: Job Seekers and Employers. Each subscription type has a couple of required fields that are unique to the subscription type, e.g. Employers have a 'Company Name' field that the Job Seekers do not.

The site in question is running:
  • Joomla 1.5.15
  • CB 1.2.1
  • CBSubs 1.0.3
All fields in question have the following pertinent settings:
  • Type: Text Field
  • Required: Yes
  • Show at Registration: Yes
  • Field entry validation: Any String (/.*/)
  • Field availability by Owner's Subscriptions: No, Normal CB Settings
  • Field availability by Viewer's Subscriptions: No, Normal CB Settings
The fields are toggled/hidden using the workflows options in the two different plans.

All reported instances of this issue have been from IE8 users. I have installed a Joomla plugin that forces IE7 compatibility mode but can't tell you whether or not this is in effect for the reported cases. The plugin was installed to resolve another IE8 issue where the workflows hidden fields would not appear/disappear (ajax style) from the registration form depending on which subscription was chosen.

I've searched the forum and found that image fields and fields using regex validation are already known to have issues: is this the cause of my problem, or does it only apply to custom regex validation patterns?

Thanks,

Josh

Please Log in to join the conversation.

14 years 1 month ago #125889 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re:Required fields on registration IE8 error

I've searched the forum and found that image fields and fields using regex validation are already known to have issues: is this the cause of my problem, or does it only apply to custom regex validation patterns?

This only applies to image fields and custom regex validation; is also to be fixed for next release.

All reported instances of this issue have been from IE8 users.

Known JS issue for IE8 users has been addressed for next release as well. :)

Please also ensure you've no JS errors on your site as Fatal JS errors will cause all JS to fail to function. Preventing fields from hide/showing.

Post edited by: krileon, at: 2010/03/04 15:19

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.192 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn