Internal server error 500 when adding plan

14 years 3 weeks ago #125927 by acarballeira
Internal server error 500 when adding plan was created by acarballeira
Hi CB Ninjas,

I get an internal server error 500 when I try to Add a Plan. Basically whenever I select a new type of plan to add (ie subscription) the page refreshes (to load the parameters of the plan, I assume). This is when I get the error.

We are running Joomla 1.5.15 on PHP5 and mySQL 5, hosted by 1and1.com. I'm a bit of a noob, please let me know what additional info to provide to facilitate a good answer.

Many thanks and best wishes,
Andy C

Please Log in to join the conversation.

14 years 3 weeks ago #125962 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re:Internal server error 500 when adding plan
Please be more specific; PHP5 is general.. there are a lot of version of PHP5. It's likely you're using PHP 5.3, which is not supported at this time (will be next CB release). Please also see Help Us Help You within my signature as need further information about your installation and server. Internal Server errors are very general, you'll need to see your server error log for details.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

14 years 1 week ago #127004 by acarballeira
Replied by acarballeira on topic Re:Internal server error 500 when adding plan
Sorry about that krileon. Here is our version info:
Joomla 1.5.15
PHP 5.2.13
mySQL 5.0.81

I don't believe that 1and1.com (my host) makes the server error log available. Shall I write them and ask for copies?

Many thanks!
Andy

14 years 1 week ago #127070 by krileon

I don't believe that 1and1.com (my host) makes the server error log available. Shall I write them and ask for copies?

Yes, without the error log a 500 error is impossible to debug.

Also from helping other users with 1and1 can say the host doesn't provide very adequate support for Joomla or CBs needs. It's possible you may need to switch hosts. Especially for CBSubs needs; you need a very reliable host (definitely one that provides error logs ready and available), sorry.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

13 years 11 months ago #128564 by acarballeira
Replied by acarballeira on topic Re:Internal server error 500 when adding plan
OK back from vacation and thinking a little more clearly (I hope). I hear you about 1and1.com - would love to see if I can make it work without a host changeover, however. Now I know better for next time ;-)

Anyway, I got access to the error log and find the following being thrown:
"/homepages/12/d318560325/htdocs/cms/libraries/joomla/session/storage/database.php:84"
() Non-static method JFactory::getDBO() should not be called statically, assuming $this from incompatible context

Any ideas on how to fix this? Running CB1.2.2 and CBSubs 1.03.

Cheers,
Andy

13 years 11 months ago #128630 by krileon

Any ideas on how to fix this? Running CB1.2.2 and CBSubs 1.03.

The following is likely the culprit

PHP 5.2.13

Your PHP version is significantly out of date, any release below 5.2.6 PATCHED will feature memory based bugs that could be causing your issue. If possible I recommend contacting your host to at least upgrade to PHP 5.2.10 (but not PHP 5.3 as CBSubs 1.0.3 does not support it; fixed in next release).

I've never seen such an error before and apparently is rare as well on Joomla boards. Please see following link.

forum.joomla.org/viewtopic.php?f=429&t=462336

Further searching appears an issue with Eventlist, if using Eventlist please ensure it is up to date; link as follows.

joomlacode.org/gf/project/jevents/forum/?action=ForumBrowse&forum_id=687&_forum_action=ForumMessageBrowse&thread_id=8130

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.229 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn