[#1618] error 500 - if email plug has no TO

14 years 5 days ago #127565 by ndee
After some searching and try error I found out that if you add any text to registration mails (by using the email integration plugin) and you do not fill any value into TO: field you get an ERROR 500 after submitting registration - although the registration completes it ends up with a error 500 - which is not nice.

apache error logs tell about malformed header, and mail problem:
[code:1]
[Mon Mar 22 12:08:41 2010] [error] [client xxxxxx] malformed header from script. Bad header=No recipient addresses found i: php-5-wrapper, referer: www.xxxxxxx/index.php?option=com_comprofiler&task=registers
[/code:1]

Please make the field mandatory if anything is typed in or use the admin/cb standard mail supplied by configuration if the TO: field is blank.

thanks

Post edited by: krileon, at: 2010/03/23 16:43

###################
SPEED UP HELP, read first: Help us help you
###################

Please Log in to join the conversation.

14 years 5 days ago #127572 by krileon
TO must be specified, it is only the FROM that will substitute in your sites default address if not specified. Please specify a TO address, it is required. All email integrations function in the same manner throughout CB; non-issue.

Post edited by: krileon, at: 2010/03/22 13:43

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

14 years 5 days ago #127716 by ndee
Hi Kyle,

I understand your point - I would not make such a mistake but can you really predict what other users do? We are working on a team and somebody entered a registration text but did not fill out the TO: field and no warning/error/whatsoever showed up. Imho, you can't assume that somebody knows the fact that the TO: field is mandatory - if it is mandatory, then you have to raise a warning? (should not be to difficult to accomplish with jquery)

I just wanted to point out a error which happens when working with cbsubs, if you think it is not worth it - drop it but do not wonder when error 500 support questions popup and users are frustraded because they can not figure out how to solve the issue. It is up to you.

Thanks for your attention

greets
ndee

###################
SPEED UP HELP, read first: Help us help you
###################

14 years 4 days ago #127819 by krileon
Agreed, there should be some sort of visual aspect marking the TO address as required. Either by way of icon or by error message. Have added bug ticket for the issue.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.189 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn