[SOLVED] Installation problem

14 years 3 days ago #128018 by MarkRS
[SOLVED] Installation problem was created by MarkRS
I'm just installing CBSubs 1.0.3 with CB 1.2.2 on Joomla 1.5.15 under my desktop Linux setup as a development area.
I'm working my way through the manual, installing as I go.

When I enable the cbpaidsubsbot plugin my entire site goes away, front end and back end.
When I enable the CB Subs module the whole front end goes away, but not the back end.

Having searched for similar issues here I tried changing from my current template (ja_Pyrite) but I seem to get the problem even with rhuk_milkyway.
ja_Pyrite does have a setting to use Moo menus, which I've changed to CSS menus, no change.

This seems pretty major. No doubt due to something I'm doing or have done wrong, but I could do with some help :sick:

TIA
Mark

Post edited by: krileon, at: 2010/03/28 20:45

Please Log in to join the conversation.

14 years 3 days ago #128034 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re:Installation problem
Please see help us help you within my signature, need further information about your installation and server. Hard to debug an issue with only "blank page" as the description. Please also be sure to review our FAQ as many blank page scenarios have already been addressed, thank you.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

14 years 8 hours ago #128331 by MarkRS
Replied by MarkRS on topic Re:Installation problem
I tried to address the main configuration items in my previous post, but obviously not enough.

I've checked the FAQ &tc, and have come up with the following.

Installing on a pretty clean copy of Joomla, the only thing it had done to it was upgrading from 1.5.14 to 1.5.15 and adding CB 1.2.1 and upgrading that to 1.2.2.
Originally it was running on php 5.3.0, I've now upgraded it to 5.3.2. It's an Apache server, running locally on a Fedora 12 x86_64 linux installation. I'm using FireFox 3.5.8.

The CB tools that check the CB installation all give all green responses, no errors at all.

When I install the CBSubs core module I get a blank screen as a response. There are no errors in the system error log, nothing odd in the access log.
When I use the "back" button I get the CB plugin management display and the core module has been added.
When I click on it there to see its parameters I get a blank screen.
Clicking on other CB modules there gives me parameter displays.

I have installed IonCube, I think, but the installation helper script for that also gives me a blank screen, also without any errors.

I'm hoping that this is a distinctive and specific enough error that you could at least point me in the direction of something to look for.

I've tried using the Joomla debug settings, I still get a blank display when I try to view the CB Subs core module parameters.

There are three or four instances of Joomla served by this setup, I'm not having any problems that I'm aware of other than this one. I have multiple other Joomla components installed, it is only CBSubs that is having this problem.

Any thoughts? Whilst I'm an experienced database developer and programmer (more than 25 years) I'm not so familiar with php or the linux environment, so any help you can offer me would be very welcome.

Many thanks
Mark

Post edited by: MarkRS, at: 2010/03/28 15:22

Post edited by: MarkRS, at: 2010/03/28 15:24

14 years 7 hours ago #128339 by nant
Replied by nant on topic Re:Installation problem
CBSubs 1.0.3 does not work on PHP 5.3 environments (believe it is stated in prerequisites).

Downgrade your PHP version and see if things are resolved.

14 years 7 hours ago #128342 by MarkRS
Replied by MarkRS on topic Re:Installation problem
Hi,

Thanks for the very "out of hours" response, much appreciated.

No, it doesn't say that in the pre-requisites, at least where I can see. It does say "PHP version 5 or better (recommended PHP version 5.2.3 or better)", and with CB just announcing 5.3.1 support I made an assumption.

Ok, I'll find a way to downgrade and then see where I go.

Many thanks again
Mark

14 years 6 hours ago #128349 by nant
Replied by nant on topic Re:Installation problem
MarkRS wrote:

Hi,

Thanks for the very "out of hours" response, much appreciated.

No, it doesn't say that in the pre-requisites, at least where I can see. It does say "PHP version 5 or better (recommended PHP version 5.2.3 or better)", and with CB just announcing 5.3.1 support I made an assumption.

Ok, I'll find a way to downgrade and then see where I go.

Many thanks again
Mark

You are right - we need to make this clearer.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.200 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn