Blocked User After Donation - Bug?

13 years 10 months ago #132940 by atlscoob
Blocked User After Donation - Bug? was created by atlscoob
I have setup my test site following Use Case 2 in the documentation in order to allow users to register for the site and also donate at the same time. Everything seems to be working fine...from the Registration page, they can select the Donation plan option, enter an amount in the free form field, complete the required fields on the Registration form and then click Register. From there the user is walked through the secure payment pages in order to complete their donation. Once payment is complete the system displays the Registration Complete page and tells them that they can now login.

The problem comes when they try to login, it denies their login and redirects them to the Upgrade page where it requires them to select an upgrade option (i.e. the Donation plan). When I look on the back-end the user is created in the CB Users table and the donation was processed by cbSubs, but the User shows as "Blocked." I tried to manually add the user to the Donation plan on the back-end, but it requires me to go input an amount and pay (donate) again. I also tried changing the User's status from Blocked to un-blocked. While it does appear to work, once the user tries to login, the system automatically changes the account back to Blocked and sends them to the Upgrade page.

I need to be able to have users register and donate at the same time initially (primarily for the 1 time donations) then also be able to periodically donate again. They also need access to their invoice history which they cannot get without logging in.

What I don't want is having to force users to register and enter all their information in every time they want to donate.

Why is cbSubs Blocking the user from logging in after donating as part of the initial registration process?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

13 years 10 months ago #133008 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re:Blocked User After Donation - Bug?
You've setup CBSubs to require a subscription in order to register/login. Yet you're using a donation plan and not a subscription plan. This would result in the continuous loop you are experiencing. Please provide users with a subscription to subscribe to (free or otherwise) for access. A donation plan can not substitute as a subscription plan; they do not function the same.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.651 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn