CBSUBS requirement

13 years 10 months ago #135942 by isabeaux
CBSUBS requirement was created by isabeaux
Hi I am implementing a web site with subscriptions for which I bought the CBsubs.My requirement is to handle the type of subscription below:

Subscription: that my clients can have a trial period of five days and from the 6th day that it will automatically begin to charge the credit card that they have previously entered during registration process (start of trial). This means that when registering
they will be prompted to enter their credit card but the charge will take place from the 6th day,and from that day the monthly payments will be made automatically. (Without user intervention)

To implement this subscription I have created a plan that has the following characteristics:
Pricing : Different first period and price for Registration and Upgrade
Auto-renewals with auto-recurring payments: Yes: subscribe user to automatic recurring payments (*)

I conducted my tests with Sandbox and everything works fine, the charge is done perfectly
however the CBSubs is taken it as if each payment were a new subscription, this means that
for one user is generating more subscriptions when it should generate reactivations.

The fact that is creating new subscriptions (to have multiple subscriptions for a user on my BD)
for me is not a big problem (I could handle and settle down).

I wonder if in addition to the problem described this would have other inconviniences?
(and the CBsubs will work normally.)

This project is very important to me and please I would like you to be detailed in your response.
At this stage I need to have everything clear to avoid future problems.

Thank you very much.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

13 years 10 months ago #136008 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re:CBSUBS requirement
Please check that you've set Multiple subscriptions per user: on the Workflows tab to Only one subscription at a time. Having it set to allow multiple subscriptions is likely the cause of the additional subscriptions.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

13 years 9 months ago #136198 by isabeaux
Replied by isabeaux on topic Re:CBSUBS requirement
Hi again and sorry to insist but I really need some clear answers,
Please could you answer my question if I'll get into trouble with this type of configuration and the plan I am using? Would it Supports this kind of configuration and the CBSUBs plan? .
For now I'm assuming that it does and I made the correction thast you said to do in my system, but I see that they still create new subscriptions for the same plan and for the same user when it should re-activated the first subscription.
It is worth mentioning that charges with Sandbox are continuing to work well as at the beginning.
thanks for your quick response.

13 years 9 months ago #136220 by krileon

Subscription: that my clients can have a trial period of five days and from the 6th day that it will automatically begin to charge the credit card that they have previously entered during registration process (start of trial). This means that when registering

they will be prompted to enter their credit card but the charge will take place from the 6th day,and from that day the monthly payments will be made automatically. (Without user intervention)

You can of course add a free trial (see Pricing tab) by adding a first time duration and price of xyz duration with price of 0. The user will NOT be automatically billed at the end of their free trial, at that time they'll be asked to subscribe.

If using Paypal the user will have the typical Paypal button AND the Free Trial button during the payment process. In order for the user to experience the Free Trial first they must click Free Trial otherwise if they click Paypal they will be asked to pay and the free trial will be added to the duration of their subscription (subscribed for 30 days with 5 day free trial equals 35 day long subscription).

Please could you answer my question if I'll get into trouble with this type of configuration and the plan I am using? Would it Supports this kind of configuration and the CBSUBs plan? .

Don't understand what your question is or why you'd get in trouble. You do need to remove the multiple subscriptions allowed for plans that allow recurring subscriptions or their subscription won't be a renewal but instead be a constantly new subscription (please see my previous post).

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

13 years 9 months ago #136331 by isabeaux
Replied by isabeaux on topic Re:CBSUBS requirement
Hi,
Thanks for your response; I have a better view now.
Let me tell you that the plan you gave me does not fit what we need to do, so that’s why I'm trying out another plan. This plan consists of 12 hours free (not renewable) and when that expires this can do an upgrade to another plan with daily payments of $ 49.9.

When we create users on this plan we see this flow:
1.-The registration to the free plan (12 hours free) is performed without problems. (it doesn’t make any payments)

2.-After the 12 hours of free Plan the system asks me to do an upgrade, for which it sent to paypal to make payment, which also took place smoothly.

3.-The next day saw the subscription fee in my sandbox account, but when I go to the back-end of the Cbsubs shows as if I had made a new Upgrade, :S is this correct? it should be a Renewal?
I've read all the documentation and I don’t have clear in which cases are activated, or they are used these statements: "New Registrations", "Upgrades" and "Renewals" this is very important to me.
Thanks again for your quick and detailed response.

13 years 9 months ago #136391 by krileon

3.-The next day saw the subscription fee in my sandbox account, but when I go to the back-end of the Cbsubs shows as if I had made a new Upgrade, is this correct? it should be a Renewal?

Working as intended, you're upgrading to a new plan not renewing it.

I've read all the documentation and I don’t have clear in which cases are activated, or they are used these statements: "New Registrations", "Upgrades" and "Renewals" this is very important to me.

New Registrations are new purchases to a plan, a user has NEVER purchased the plan before. This is generally a New Registration. Upgrade is upgrading FROM 1 plan to another, this also includes Free plans of all kinds. If you allow free registrations the users next purchase too will be an Upgrade generally. Renewals are when a plans duration is about to expire or has expired and the user re-subscribes.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.217 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn