Exclude some CB fields for first invoicing address

13 years 9 months ago #136158 by sheilabs
We would like to exclude the fields
'state' and 'country' from the invoice address. I try to do it on the setup for 'CB fields for first invoicing address of customer' with no success. Please see attached image.

The scenario is as follows:
1. You register in the registration page (there we of curse don't have the fields 'State' or 'Country'.)
2. You come to the summary page and click the link
'Click here to modify invoicing address'.
3. This is your invoicing address:
'Click to Select State' and 'Click to Select Country'
4. If you just ingore this and click save changes, you go back to the summary page and see the error message 'The State is missing'.

I. We'd like not to have the fields 'State' and 'Country' there at all.
II. We'd like not to get the error message
'The State is missing'

Is this possible?

Post edited by: sheilabs, at: 2010/06/21 15:13

Post edited by: sheilabs, at: 2010/06/21 15:13
Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

13 years 9 months ago #136160 by sheilabs
The attached image file was too big earlier.

Post edited by: sheilabs, at: 2010/06/21 15:16
Attachments:

13 years 9 months ago #136227 by krileon
Currently it is not possible to do this, we have a feature ticket in place however for this and will be addressing in a later release. If you have CBSubs configured not to require the invoice information you can simply hide those you do not want displayed using CSS.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

13 years 9 months ago #136674 by sheilabs
Thank you.
Another developer in my team has looked at how to override the Standard css and it seems a little difficult to get it right. Do you have any good examples as to how this is done?

I'd like to remark that this is quite important to get a good fix for even if it's a small issue compared to things going wrong. Every user testing this has remarked that they are unsure what data to enter in the fields that doesn't apply. Especially when non-techies entering company data sees this it makes them unsure.

13 years 9 months ago #136732 by krileon
The following example will hide the VAT field from display AND edit. Please note this is only recommended if you have invoice address as optional otherwise you'll receive a validation error. I know you need the issue addressed more officially, but we've a ticket in our system to handle it. This is all that can be done, we will address the issue when we get to it and as necessary.

[code:1]
#cbfr_vat_number {
display: none;
}
[/code:1]

You can use the following IDs to hide other fields as well.

cbfr_first_name = First Name
cbfr_last_name = Last Name
cbfr_payer_business_name = Company
cbfr_address_street = Address
cbfr_address_city = City
cbfr_address_state = State
cbfr_address_zip = Zipcode
cbfr_address_country = Country
cbfr_contact_phone = Phone
cbfr_vat_number = VAT number

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

13 years 6 months ago #141775 by jim2070
Where is the css that has to be modified ? what folder.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.227 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn