[SOLVED] affiliate program with CBsubs

13 years 8 months ago #139760 by muthumbi
[SOLVED] affiliate program with CBsubs was created by muthumbi
hallo,
ISSUE 1
I have decided to use osiaffiliate software for my affiliate system. They have given me a code to integrate with the shopping carts that i have. I am wondering in which file to put this code, if there is any guideline i have to follow. They say i put it in the thank you page. Please guide me in this issue.

ISSUE 2
The other issue is if it is possible to pass some cb registration details like Name, user number, and username to the registration page of the affiliate registration page so that the same user who registors as an affiliate can be issued with a social page with community builder. So i want the associate to start his registration from community builder then to the affiliate program. Is that possible?
An alternative to this the program gives me an option to use a code that integrates with my website registration page. I find this better for me but have no idea how to approach it.

ISSUE 3
I intend to use 2checkout for online payments, i was wondering too how to integrate it as i see it still in development but i need it soonest.

Post edited by: muthumbi, at: 2010/08/11 11:05

Post edited by: muthumbi, at: 2010/08/11 15:10

Post edited by: krileon, at: 2010/08/18 20:53

Please Log in to join the conversation.

13 years 8 months ago #139781 by krileon

I have decided to use osiaffiliate software for my affiliate system. They have given me a code to integrate with the shopping carts that i have. I am wondering in which file to put this code, if there is any guideline i have to follow. They say i put it in the thank you page. Please guide me in this issue.

No where, we don't support that affiliate program officially. So it's not really possible to properly integrate it. It will be when the CBSubs API is released with CBSubs 1.1 however as you'll be able to make your own integration. You can try using CBSubs URL to execute an external code file to trigger the affiliating commission though.

The other issue is if it is possible to pass some cb registration details like Name, user number, and username to the registration page of the affiliate registration page so that the same user who registors as an affiliate can be issued with a social page with community builder. So i want the associate to start his registration from community builder then to the affiliate program. Is that possible?

No, this isn't the responsibility of CB or CBSubs, your program needs to be able to accept the data first more then likely by URL. You could use CBSubs URL extension to fire a POST request to your program and see if that does the trick, but you'll need to discuss this with the programs developers.

An alternative to this the program gives me an option to use a code that integrates with my website registration page. I find this better for me but have no idea how to approach it.

You'll need to develop a new CB plugin to add such code to the registration page. See existing plugins as examples. You'll need to use triggers. Please see tutorials within my signature for trigger usage information.

I intend to use 2checkout for online payments, i was wondering too how to integrate it as i see it still in development but i need it soonest.

2checkout will be available for next release (CBSubs 1.1). It is not possible to get it or use it any sooner then such. For the time being you'll need to use one of our supported gateways.

I also recommend using PostAffiliatePro or IDevAffiliate for your affiliation programs as both are already integrated into CBSubs.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

13 years 8 months ago #139834 by muthumbi
[2checkout will be available for next release (CBSubs 1.1). It is not possible to get it or use it any sooner then such. For the time being you'll need to use one of our supported gateways.]

Only the offline payment module can work for me the others are not acceptable in my country. :(

So just assure me, is this cbsubs 1.1 the next release? or there is a 1.0.4??

13 years 8 months ago #139838 by nant
Next release will Be CBSubs 1.1.

We already have CBSubs 1.1 RC2 in our testing team.

If you want to help testing, then please send me a private message.

13 years 8 months ago #139903 by muthumbi
Kyle, i wrote to the guys of the software and told me that "If you cannot get the variables of the shopping cart this will not work."

Is there a possibility to get these variables? If i do how do i use the url function to pass to the software. It also provides an API.

I don't know much about programming and may not even know how to do it. Please give me a guideline.
Thank you.

13 years 8 months ago #139948 by krileon
Without CBSubs 1.1 no it's not possible to pass such variables using the URL integration as those substitutions have not yet been added. Sorry, but for your needs you'll simply need CBSubs 1.1. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.350 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn