[SOLVED] Has anyone experience this?

13 years 5 months ago #143770 by cferron
Replied by cferron on topic Re:Has anyone experience this?
I don't know why this continues to happend to me I recently have 11 users that went to the block/disabled status for no reason?!? This is weird.

Ok I might have a clue on what is happening.
I have 3 plan:
- Parent plan 1: Membre WEB (free unlimited) assigned to all new user
- Parent plan 2: Membre ATRUF (1 year X $)
- Child plan from parent 2: Membre ligue 1 (X $)

To be able to get child plan, user has to subscribe to Parent plan 2. Here is what I think happened.

Complete new user, when they sign-up, have the choice to get Parent plan 2 his child plan immediately (it is configured that way) BUT if they go through the subscription process and do not complete it then they don't get assign parent plan #1 and they get disabled

Update
Disabled user still appear!!! This is due like I mentioned above to the fact that if the user don't go through the entire payment process the system don't fall them back to the FREE unlimited user plan. Therefore, they won't be able to login ever again under that e-mail/pass/user.

Worst, if they do all the payment procedure, account is enabled, but when it expire, account gets disabled and user has to create a new one to be able to log in!!!!

There must be something I'm not doing right.

Claude

Please Log in to join the conversation.

13 years 5 months ago #143829 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re:Has anyone experience this?
You need to allow free registered users so they can remain active. If you're using a free plan it must be accessible to EVERYONE. This means it needs to allow upgrades, public, published, etc...

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

13 years 5 months ago #143869 by cferron
krileon wrote:

You need to allow free registered users so they can remain active. If you're using a free plan it must be accessible to EVERYONE. This means it needs to allow upgrades, public, published, etc...

See my settings below. Still if my user choose payable plan B "Membre ATRUF"(parent) and they do not pay immediatly, they see their account BLOCKED. And so even if there is a FREE unlimited plan they should be fallback to.

Post edited by: cferron, at: 2010/10/12 01:19

Post edited by: cferron, at: 2010/10/12 01:28

13 years 5 months ago #143919 by krileon
Your users will not fall back to a plan they never had. If the subscribed to the free plan FIRST then upgrade, then yes they should fall back. However if they never subscribed to begin with to the free plan then no they won't fall back to it. However upon login they should have an option to subscribe to the free plan or any other plan.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

13 years 5 months ago #143944 by cferron
Ok I understand that for fallback, make sense. But in my case what do you suggest if I want a user to be registered automatically to the base plan (free lifetime) automatically. I just don't want to worry about those blocked user anymore...

When you say: "However upon login they should have an option to subscribe to the free plan or any other plan"

The only thing they get is the choice of one plan or the other (they are 2 parent plan). Should I make all my other plan the child of the free unlimited plan?

If I do so, can I make a child plan dependable on another child plan (I mean that the user must be subscribed to a certain plan to be able to subscribe to another one)

Link to subscription page here

This is my current registration page:

Thanks for the recommendation.

13 years 5 months ago #143969 by krileon

But in my case what do you suggest if I want a user to be registered automatically to the base plan (free lifetime) automatically. I just don't want to worry about those blocked user anymore...

You could have all your other plans children plans of the free plan and be as non-exclusive. You could have your free parent plan the only exclusive parent plan, etc... Both approaches would require the user to always have the free plan active.

The only thing they get is the choice of one plan or the other (they are 2 parent plan). Should I make all my other plan the child of the free unlimited plan?

No just ensure the free parent plan is the only exclusive parent plan. This would mean they'd have BOTH the free and the paid subscription at all points of time. This means when their paid subscription expires they'd still have the free one.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.453 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn