[#2055] Unexpected condidion: Renewal not allowed?

13 years 5 months ago #146399 by Aly
On 2 separate occasions in the past month we've had users report this error message when trying to renew memberships:

Warning: createSubscriptionsAndPayment::Renewal not allowed ! in
/home/mysite/public_html/connect/components/com_comprofiler/plugin/user/plug_cbpaidsubscriptions/cbpaidsubscriptions.php
on line 0
Unexpected condition: Renewal not allowed !

I am not able to reproduce this and have only found 1 (unresolved) reference in searching the forums.

My concern is that we've heard from 2 people but could be losing others who don't take the time to contact us?!

I've asked the current person today to please try again and report back on OS and browser. But wondering if there is more info here from you experts??

Thanks!

Post edited by: krileon, at: 2010/11/16 19:38

Please Log in to join the conversation.

13 years 5 months ago #146410 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re:Unexpected condidion: Renewal not allowed?
Please check that the plan the user is attempting to upgrade is renewal. See the parameter Renewable in advance by: on the pricing tab. If set to non-renewable it will not be possible for a user to renew, but should not display such an error. Have added a bug ticket for your issue to be further investigated.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

13 years 5 months ago #146420 by Aly
There is only 1 plan available and others renew almost daily (or subscribe first time) with no issue.

This particular person today had a subscription (auto-renew) set up that failed due to Paypal info requiring an update. I wonder if that has any bearing?

13 years 5 months ago #146434 by Aly
setting is for renewable in advance by 1 year.
This particular user is on PC using IE which is most likely the real problem ??

13 years 4 months ago #146477 by beat
I analyzed this issue and came to the conclusion that there must have been some a specific succession of events due to the paypal renewal not succeeeding for insufficient funds, then retrying maybe with success.

This message is a safeguard from a bad condition where a subscription is auto-renewing but then added to a basket for manual renewal. However that shouldn't even be proposed in that case....maybe except in the case of a failed paypal renewal.

So it was happening when trying to renew an existing auto-recurring subscription which failed to auto-renew

Upcoming CBSubs 1.1 fixes this issue.

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info

13 years 4 months ago #146502 by Aly
Aha, that is what I suspected! I'll be sure to watch for those members now! Thanks as always to you guys for finding the solutions so fast!!

It is a bug worth fixing as credit cards do expire and account numbers do change due to fraud reports, etc. so it is not always a malicious.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.238 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn