base64 login redirect not working

13 years 8 months ago #138437 by dmoorefus
Replied by dmoorefus on topic Re:base64 login redirect not working
Hi anisa -

Thanks for your suggestion - unfortunately, that didn't work... :(

When users are prompted to log in, they're prompted to go to the main CB Login/Registration page - I assume this is the expected location?

Any other suggestions or some configuration setting I'm missing? Mysterious why this works on some setups but not on others...

Thanks!

Please Log in to join the conversation.

13 years 8 months ago #138695 by dmoorefus
Upon inspecting this a bit further, the hidden field that these functions attempt to populate is blank on the login page.

So, either by using the method's of just inserting the $myReturn value or the value encoded by base-64 is blank.

On the page, you end up with just:

[code:1]<input type="hidden" name="return" value="B:" />[/code:1]

I'm investigating further - anyone have any suggested leads to pursue in getting this to work?

Thanks!

13 years 7 months ago #139086 by karlja
Replied by karlja on topic Re:base64 login redirect not working
Hi dmoorefus,

sorry for not responding for quite a while.

Can you please try to echo the following:
[code:1]echo '#####'.$return.'#####'.$myReturn.'#####';[/code:1]

If this just gives you "###############" then neither of the variables is filled - you could than try
[code:1]echo '<input type="hidden" name="return" value="B:'.JRequest::getVar('return', '', '_GET').'" />';[/code:1] instead of the previously suggested lines.

Regards,
Karlja

Post edited by: karlja, at: 2010/07/31 12:15

13 years 7 months ago #139272 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re:base64 login redirect not working
Folks there is probably something seriously wrong with your host or installation if the base64 encrypted URLs are not working properly. You should probably check that your host has an up to date release of PHP or possibly try a different host. Have you tried in a FRESH install to see if this issue is present? As in using the same exact host create a sub-domain or a sub-folder on your main domain then install Joomla + CB and test if the base64 redirect works or not. If not you likely have an issue with your host.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

13 years 7 months ago #139409 by dmoorefus
Karlja -

Thanks for the suggestions. Sorry for my late response also... :)

I tried inserting the lines you mentioned.

For the first, I got the following:

#####http://www.fusfoundation.org/index.php?option=com_comprofiler〈=en&task=registers##########

This was in response of trying to follow a link to a forum post that requires logging in to see. As you can see, that link isn't in there for the $myReturn value.

So, Krileon, are you saying that our desired functionality should be working? Which is, registered user clicks on a link that's sent to him - say a forum post - and he clicks on the link, is prompted to log in via the CB Login module, and then is redirected to the link he clicked. This is the default behavior in Joomla, but not in CB, which is the point of this thread I suppose. :)

Post edited by: dmoorefus, at: 2010/08/04 21:11

Post edited by: dmoorefus, at: 2010/08/04 21:12

Post edited by: dmoorefus, at: 2010/08/04 21:12

13 years 7 months ago #139470 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re:base64 login redirect not working
Sending users to a registration required page will NOT redirect back to that page from CB. This has been explained nearly 100 times now and in the past. CB can NOT redirect BACK two links.

First the user hits the page, redirects to Joomla login, CB catches it, redirects to CB login. That's a double redirect. CB can't send back to that registration page as it only saves 1 URL back.

If whatever extension you're using sends users to CB login FIRST instead of attempting to have CB catch Joomla login (joomla system plugin, CBSubs, etc..) it should properly send them back to that link. Best way to know is turn on debug mode and add an echo to the login module that decodes the base64 URL and it will reveal the redirect URL.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.372 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn