[Solution] Save not working Backend > Edit Profile

14 years 3 weeks ago #126115 by stingray001
Hi,

I'm sure some of the users have problems saving profiles in the backend.

Steps taken to reproduce error: (THIS IS HOW ERROR APPEARS)
1. Go to User Management
2. Click on any user > Edit
3. Attempt to edit any field
4. Press 'Save' Button

Error reproduced: 'Save' button not working, page remains the same, info not saved, gid.value null etc., illustrated by image below:

Steps to resolve this problem (SOLUTION):
1. Go to your joomla SQL database (via phpmyadmin etc.)
2. Browse 'jos_comprofiler_fields'
3. Look for "_UE_USERPARAMS" or "params" (without quotes)
4. Edit "params" table row, set *PUBLISHED* value to 1

PROBLEM SOLVED.

Solution inspired by beak01 in www.joomlapolis.com/component/option,com_joomlaboard/Itemid,38/func,view/catid,77/id,124559/

So I would like to thank beak01 for helping me to solve my problem and I would be more than happy to share how I overcome this problem with everyone, because I encounter this problem in an attempt to disallow front-end users to change joomla parameters and being unable to solve this problem gets me frustrated :D

(I guess I could set the value back to '0' in database and only set it back to '1' when I need to edit a profile in backend!)

At first i thought I would post a topic in 'Identified Issues', but after looking at the topic in that forum once more, it told me to search through forums and google it and read through documentation before posting, and I think that is definitely a great advice to anyone out there :)
Btw I found through Google!!

Post edited by: stingray001, at: 2010/03/07 18:42
Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

14 years 3 weeks ago #126128 by beat
Thanks for troubleshooting and publishing solution. B)

Looks like you unpublished the CB Field "User params", in an older version (1.2.2 does not allow that) which is a mandatory system field which can not be unpublished.

Another way to solve would be to go to Fields, and click on the "Published" X icon, or edit the field and that should publish it. That could avoid going through database.

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.235 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn