[#1991] Username > Field Minimum length of content : 1

9 years 7 months ago #127083 by efmedias
Hello

(sorry for my english, i'm french)

For a website magazine, i import users with CBjuice.
And in my configuration, the "Username field" is the "number of subscriber".

The username field is "User Read Only?: Yes"
The firsts members have a Username with juste 1 or 2 numbers.
So in Field-specific Parameters >
Minimum length, i try with "0"
(0 = no minimum)

But...

If the user need to change his password, CB says
"Entrez un Identifiant : valide. Votre identifiant a été bloqué. Contactez l'administrateur du site, plus de 2 caractères et seuls les caractères 0-9,a-z,A-Z sont autorisés."
In (my) english :
"Enter a login : valid. Your login is locked. Contact the administrator, more or 2 caracteres and just caracteres 0-9,a-z,A-Z are allowed."

It's doesn't work !

So in Field-specific Parameters >
Minimum length, i try with "1"

But same error message.

It's not possible to have a minimum for login ?

Post edited by: krileon, at: 2010/09/23 18:50
9 years 7 months ago #127141 by krileon
Currently the minimum is at least 3 characters, this has been fixed for next release however. Please append zeros to your numbers to help avoid the minimum of 3. Such as the following example.

TO: 001

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Templates - CBSubs - Hosting - Forge - Incubator - GroupJive
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM EST to 4:00 PM EST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
9 years 7 months ago #127353 by efmedias
Ok, thank you for your answer ;)

So, no really solution for the moment.
I can't change the number 1 to 001.
9 years 6 months ago #127435 by krileon
efmedias wrote:

Ok, thank you for your answer ;)

So, no really solution for the moment.
I can't change the number 1 to 001.

Correct, you could simply use a different field instead of Username to store the number you're using. Then provide some other unique item for username such as "user#" and replace # with the number you were attempting to use as the username.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Templates - CBSubs - Hosting - Forge - Incubator - GroupJive
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM EST to 4:00 PM EST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
9 years 1 month ago #142112 by nicksibbing

Currently the minimum is at least 3 characters, this has been fixed for next release however.

Gday Kyle
thanks the reply. I've just upgraded to the latest version 1.2.3 as of 15 Sept 2010. However I still get the same error as efmedias.

So is it fixed in the next release after 1.2.3? Is there any idea of when this will come out?

I have a club CB site. Some long term members have 1 and 2 digit user numbers. If we could at least allow 2 character (matches Joomla) that would help a lot. Ie only 4 users affected instead of many.

Is there something I can hack now in the CB code to allow it? Could you point me in the right direction to start looking?

Thanks for your help.

Regard Nick Sibbing
9 years 1 month ago #142161 by krileon
Edit the username field and set the Minimum length: parameter to 2. This should now work in CB 1.2.3 as far as I am aware. I don't recommend such short usernames however.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--
Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.389 seconds
Facebook Twitter Google LinkedIn