automate new user registration

13 years 11 months ago #131792 by llau
automate new user registration was created by llau
Hi there,

We've implemented CB 1.2.2 and it's looking really good so far! I'm using CB's user registration feature where the user is given a drop down list to choose which group to be associated with.

Is it possible to automate it so that if a user chooses a group associated with "Authors" that they will be automatically "put within" the mailing list for Authors which is setup in AcyMailing?

Any help or feedback is greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance,
llau

Please Log in to join the conversation.

13 years 11 months ago #131852 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re:automate new user registration
Yes, but will require a new CB plugin to perform the insertion into AcyMailing. Using CB triggers within a plugin you can perform such a query. The trigger you'll most likely need is onAfterUserRegistration, which will also provide the $user object that will contain your field value in the manner of $user->cb_MYFIELD. See tutorials in signature for further information on triggers as well as an example.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.328 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn