[SOLVED] Peculiar problem

13 years 11 months ago #132163 by ae4u78
Replied by ae4u78 on topic Re:Peculiar problem
I too have a peculiar problem I have the latest version of Joomla installed just 2 days back. today I Installed Cb as per instructions all lines were green while installing but when I try to use install fields button of the field manager I get a peculiar message which is as under :
"Direct Access to this location is not allowed."
Please advice.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

13 years 11 months ago #132208 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re:Peculiar problem
There is no Install Fields button, are you sure you've installed CB 1.2.2? At any rate Field Management loads all plugins, those published and those unpublished. The issue you're experiencing is likely from a installed CB plugin. Please review closely what plugins you've installed and remove suspected plugins.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

13 years 11 months ago #132242 by ae4u78
yes the latest version on this site. the field management is related to creation of login form and it does not work. thanks for your advice I will try removing the plugins and post back the results here.

13 years 11 months ago #132243 by zain.abacy
Replied by zain.abacy on topic Re:Peculiar problem
Hi !
I think your problem is due to a few reasons i have had encountered and i hope it may help you out. Either something you might have installed required lagacy to be enabled in the joomla main plugin manager. Ortry disabling a plugin and then retry what you were doing so that you may reach to that plugin which is causing the problem.

Note that you will have to disable only those plugins which you might have installed apart from the joomla and community builder packaged ones.

Nick and Krileon thank you so much for you advice and unaccountable help as always, i was able to rectify my problem in the same manner you told me to check my plugins and that helped.

Thanks a bunch

13 years 11 months ago #132244 by ae4u78
Thanks a lot Zain enabling legacy did the trick. I thought I may go grey with the problem you are a dear.

13 years 11 months ago #132305 by zain.abacy
Replied by zain.abacy on topic Re:Peculiar problem
you are most welcome. I am glad that helped. good luck;)

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.240 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn