[SOLVED] Problems with CSS

13 years 11 months ago #132745 by stfricke
Replied by stfricke on topic Re:Problems with CSS
One more notable point... This never really fully installs correctly on my upload. always hangs with "WAIT PLEASE: DO NOT INTERRUPT INSTALLATION PROCESS: PERFORMING SECOND INSTALLATION STEP: UNCOMPRESSING CORE PLUGINS. If this screen stays for over 2 minutes, please click here to continue next and last installation step."

So I do have to do in and click to continue installation

Please Log in to join the conversation.

13 years 11 months ago #132747 by ckayfish
Replied by ckayfish on topic Re:Problems with CSS
stfricke wrote:

I
For some reason on the host the CSS files do not work at all on the remote server. I am befuddled! For example, the profile link simply is a long list of the items, not displayed in tabs, etc.

CSS files not working... I'm not sure exactly what this means. It is the client browser that processes CSS. When the webpage is loaded are all CSS files referrenced properly, and can the browser get them from the server?

If you view the page source, search it for all CSS files being included, and see if you can open them directly. For example, for this page, the first CSS file I see being included is menu.css: www.joomlapolis.com/templates/jh_cb/css/menu.css You can get this file only/directly to confirm it.

Since it is the "remote" server that's not working for you, can you share a URL?

Tips for understanding and solving your issue - Props to Krileon for creating this.
My Opensource CB Plugins: Mutual Connections and MYCB Cookie available here

13 years 11 months ago #132749 by stfricke
Replied by stfricke on topic SOLVED
I just noticed the PHP version on the server is 4.4.9. This will not work. I have to migrate to a new server to get this to work. I will be doing that straight away.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.163 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn