Lack of Integration with Joomla

13 years 11 months ago #132816 by Car4los
Lack of Integration with Joomla was created by Car4los
I have taken several runs at configuring a site where I can create communities and groups. It finally seems to work with GJ 1.8. Except there appears to be no publishing interface (Articles).

I am working with a non-profit, and anything like CB Subs or some other solution that is not GPL, is out of the question for them right now.

So what do I do?

............begin rant .................
Kill this site and pay for a commercial solution myself? Hang around and whistle tunlessly until CB does a better job of integration?
............ end rant ................

Please Log in to join the conversation.

13 years 11 months ago #132831 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re:Lack of Integration with Joomla
Don't understand what you mean by lack of integration, could you please provide more details? GroupJive is designed for Groups, not articles so of course no article integration is supported. However, with GJ 2.0 an API has been designed so creating such integrations via CB Plugins will be very possible.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

13 years 11 months ago #132846 by Car4los
Replied by Car4los on topic Re:Lack of Integration with Joomla
I'm acutally talking about the combination of CB and GJ in a site where I would like a group "admin" to control the publishing of the "vanilla" Joomla content, like articles (workflow and all). Don't want much, do I? :unsure:

Key phrase from your post = "creating such integrations via CB Plugins will be very possible". This is the "lack of integration" I was referring to. IMHO :)

I know this is new stuff, and I'm looking for the easy path, but that's just all I can do right now.

And thanks for the quick response.

13 years 11 months ago #132916 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re:Lack of Integration with Joomla

I would like a group "admin" to control the publishing of the "vanilla" Joomla content, like articles (workflow and all). Don't want much, do I?

This is not what GroupJive does. You are confusing Groups in GroupJive with Usergroups. GroupJive will never provide this support nor can it be added by way of integrations. Would be possible I suppose with a new Joomla system plugin, but would of course take massive development.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

13 years 11 months ago #132947 by Car4los
Replied by Car4los on topic Re:Lack of Integration with Joomla
Thanks for the confirmation.

For what its worth, there really is a need (again in my opinion) for the combined functionality of Joomla core + CB + GJ. Joomla is a CMS, so management of the content would be amazing with that combination.

I'm sure you are right about the scope of the effort. Maybe a branch of Joomla?

Anyway, thanks for your time.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.208 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn