[SOLVED] Need some help with fields

13 years 10 months ago #133336 by Smitiz
[SOLVED] Need some help with fields was created by Smitiz
Hello everyone!

First of all I must say I'm very pleased with my CB purchase it was worth every penny ;)

I only have a few minor problems I couldent solve on my own...

As u can see on the image I have a lot of free space on my right and I need more on my left, but I just cant seem to find where i can change proportions, if I cange in global settings 2 or 3 coulumn it dosent matter :-/
Btw this is parked on the left side and I have 2 more items, all parked on the right side ( a profile picture and online status underneath)

My other problem is that I cant "link" textboxes with checkboxes, meaning I want it to work like if u check NO on 2 wheelers then 2 wheeled motorcycles and bycicles should be at least greyed out or even better, get hidden

Thank your for any answers!

Post edited by: Smitiz, at: 2010/05/18 14:01

Post edited by: krileon, at: 2010/05/19 19:47
Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

13 years 10 months ago #133355 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re:Need some help with fields

As u can see on the image I have a lot of free space on my right and I need more on my left, but I just cant seem to find where i can change proportions, if I cange in global settings 2 or 3 coulumn it dosent matter :-/

This needs to be done using CSS. The class titleCell determines the width of your fields headers. Using the following example in Joomla or CB template files should provide you with increase width.

[code:1]
.titleCell {
width: 200px;
}
[/code:1]

It's possible you may need to edit this style within your CB templates CSS file located at components/com_comprofiler/plugin/templates/TEMPLATE/template.css.

My other problem is that I cant "link" textboxes with checkboxes, meaning I want it to work like if u check NO on 2 wheelers then 2 wheeled motorcycles and bycicles should be at least greyed out or even better, get hidden

This is not possible at this time, CB does not provide conditional fields. There might be an integration available that could provide such functionality; please search.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

13 years 10 months ago #133372 by Smitiz
Replied by Smitiz on topic Re:Need some help with fields
Ty for the answers, everything looks really nice now B)

Too bad I only found a conditional field plugin for 30$ a year and thats out of my limit for such a small plugin at least for now, my site is going to be a free site :-/

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.217 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn