Rating Field not showing user rating to public.

13 years 11 months ago #133420 by issmat
Is this normal? I added the rating field plugin (1.0 RC) and proceeded to add a new field to the user profile (Your Rating) to allow the community to rate each other.

When you go to a user's profile page, you can see the stars and click and rate the user you are visiting without issues. However, once you leave the page or refresh, the stars reset and go back to gray. No one can see what the user's rating is on their profile. Not even the user himself.

Here is an example user profile: www.writesomeone.org/en/profile?user=62

Here are my website details:

- Site: www.writesomeone.org
- CB 1.2.2
- Rating Field Pluging RC 1.0
- Joomla 1.5.15
- Profile Manager (PROMA)
- JACLPlus
- PHP Version 5.2.13

I've set it up so that ratings can be submitted anonymously without logging in. You can see that no matter how many times you rate, the rating is not saved. I check the cb_comprofiler table in the database and the user rating field remains at 0.

help?

Post edited by: issmat, at: 2010/05/19 00:04

Post edited by: issmat, at: 2010/05/19 00:06

Please Log in to join the conversation.

13 years 11 months ago #133489 by krileon
You've two extension we do not support.

- Profile Manager (PROMA)
- JACLPlus

Please try a fresh installation and confirm if issue still present. Am unable to duplicate locally or on live test environments.

Something appears to be interrupting the Ajax usage and preventing database storage. Have you tried debug mode enabled and maximum error reporting to see if any on-screen errors are present?

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

13 years 10 months ago #133546 by issmat
I turned debug mode on and here is the error that comes up:

I`ll ask the Proma folks about this, but do you guys do custom work for a fee? Who do I contact for a quote. I'm afraid that more issues will come up with the Facebook/Twitter connect plugins due to my use of Proma/Jacl for site profiles and ACL.

500 - JDatabaseMySQL::query: 1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near ') AND fc.groupid=1' at line 4 SQL=SELECT fc.*, pl.sql FROM jos_proma_fields_control AS fc LEFT JOIN jos_proma_levels AS pl ON pl.acid=fc.access WHERE fc.fieldid IN () AND fc.groupid=1

Call stack
# Function Location
1 JSite->dispatch() /home1/kickmark/public_html/affinitycrowdmail/index.php:68
2 JComponentHelper->renderComponent() /home1/kickmark/public_html/affinitycrowdmail/includes/application.php:124
3 require_once() /home1/kickmark/public_html/affinitycrowdmail/libraries/joomla/application/component/helper.php:162
4 userProfile() /home1/kickmark/public_html/affinitycrowdmail/components/com_comprofiler/comprofiler.php:303
5 HTML_comprofiler::userProfile() /home1/kickmark/public_html/affinitycrowdmail/components/com_comprofiler/comprofiler.php:683
6 CBuser->getProfileView() /home1/kickmark/public_html/affinitycrowdmail/components/com_comprofiler/comprofiler.html.php:513
7 cbTabs->getViewTabs() /home1/kickmark/public_html/affinitycrowdmail/administrator/components/com_comprofiler/plugin.foundation.php:964
8 cbTabs->generateViewTabsContent() /home1/kickmark/public_html/affinitycrowdmail/administrator/components/com_comprofiler/comprofiler.class.php:3466
9 cbTabs->_getTabContents() /home1/kickmark/public_html/affinitycrowdmail/administrator/components/com_comprofiler/comprofiler.class.php:3425
10 cbTabs->_getTabFieldsDb() /home1/kickmark/public_html/affinitycrowdmail/administrator/components/com_comprofiler/comprofiler.class.php:4108
11 CBdatabase->loadObjectList() /home1/kickmark/public_html/affinitycrowdmail/administrator/components/com_comprofiler/comprofiler.class.php:4071
12 CBdatabase->query() /home1/kickmark/public_html/affinitycrowdmail/administrator/components/com_comprofiler/library/cb/cb.database.php:841
13 JFDatabase->query() /home1/kickmark/public_html/affinitycrowdmail/administrator/components/com_comprofiler/library/cb/cb.database.php:676
14 JDatabaseMySQLi->query() /home1/kickmark/public_html/affinitycrowdmail/plugins/system/jfdatabase/jfdatabase_inherit.php:647
15 JError->raiseError() /home1/kickmark/public_html/affinitycrowdmail/libraries/joomla/database/database/mysqli.php:247
16 JError->raise() /home1/kickmark/public_html/affinitycrowdmail/libraries/joomla/error/error.php:171
17 JException->__construct() /home1/kickmark/public_html/affinitycrowdmail/libraries/joomla/error/error.php:136

13 years 10 months ago #133600 by krileon

I`ll ask the Proma folks about this, but do you guys do custom work for a fee?

No.

Who do I contact for a quote.

Beat, but we don't do work on 3rd party extensions.

I'm afraid that more issues will come up with the Facebook/Twitter connect plugins due to my use of Proma/Jacl for site profiles and ACL.

Probably, they're not supported extensions so we won't help with them installed.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.438 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn