[SOLVED]user data is displayed as ???????,

13 years 10 months ago #133698 by ah_salama
Hi
i have Joomla 1.5.17, CB 1.2.2
the site is multilingual (English/Arabic)
i have around 10 additional fields in registration form.
all the labels are displayed correctly in both languages.
when a user registers with his data in Arabic
his name appears correctly at the back end, at the 'user manager' page but when i click on the name of the user to see his data, all the arabic data appear as ?????? even the name which appeared correctly at the 'user manager' page (the community builder user manager).
the database collation is utf8_general_ci
so what is wrong here?

Post edited by: nant, at: 2010/05/25 00:18

Please Log in to join the conversation.

13 years 10 months ago #133817 by ah_salama
Nothing. is there no solution for this, or do i explained it wrongly?

13 years 10 months ago #133818 by nant
did you check the collation on each field in the comprofiler table?

i have no problems in my environment using Greek.

Post edited by: nant, at: 2010/05/23 11:46

13 years 10 months ago #133824 by ah_salama
yes i did check the collation , it is utf8_general_ci

13 years 10 months ago #133916 by krileon
ah_salama wrote:

yes i did check the collation , it is utf8_general_ci

Could you please try other language usages aside from Arabic and confirm if issue is present with them as well (or provide some Arabic common phrases to test)?

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

13 years 10 months ago #133930 by ah_salama
actually i just reinstalled everything, i noticed that in a new installation the collation of the fields is latin_swidesh regardless of the database collation (which i think should be changed to utf8 if possible), i usually use a php script to convert the encoding of the fields to utf8_general_ci, it seems that something went wrong the last time and missed with the encoding but it is working in the new installation now (hope it stays like that)

Thanks for your respons, really appreciate it

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.226 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn