Need new user to become automatically author

13 years 10 months ago #134889 by smog20
Hi,

I just install the CB1.2.2 that's really great.

I just couldn't find where and how to set that new user become automaticaly author.

Any clue?

Thanks already for you answers.

BR

Laurent

Please Log in to join the conversation.

13 years 10 months ago #134905 by nant
smog20 wrote:

Hi,

I just install the CB1.2.2 that's really great.

I just couldn't find where and how to set that new user become automaticaly author.

Any clue?

Thanks already for you answers.

BR

Laurent

Joomla 1.5 has such a parameter and CB 1.2.2 will honor it.

... of course you neglected to give any information about your Joomla version ...

13 years 10 months ago #134974 by smog20
Thanks for you answer.

Sorry I'm using a Joomla 1.0 version.

Regards

13 years 10 months ago #134975 by nant
smog20 wrote:

Thanks for you answer.

Sorry I'm using a Joomla 1.0 version.

Regards

Then you have 2 options:

1. upgrade to Joomla 1.5 and use built-in functionality
2. develop a CB plugin to do this.

13 years 10 months ago #135006 by smog20
Thanks for your answer.

- For an upgrade ti 1.5 will I lose my articles menus etc.
- In state of a plugin can i modify the code if yes what file can i modify to set by default to Author for every user
- How do i do a menu that will link to CB login page and register page

Br

Laurent

13 years 10 months ago #135094 by krileon

- In state of a plugin can i modify the code if yes what file can i modify to set by default to Author for every user

We don't support core edits so can't advise you on this matter. Nor do we provide development assistance for 3rd party work. If not knowledgeable for such a task then I recommend contacting a contract developer.

- How do i do a menu that will link to CB login page and register page

With the following URLs.

index.php?option=com_comprofiler&task=registers
index.php?option=com_comprofiler&task=login

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.234 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn