How to have two fields on the same line on a tab ?

13 years 10 months ago #135513 by philippekazek
Hi,

I would like to have two or three fields in a CB form on a tab.
Please, do you know a way (or a plugin) to do this ?

Thanks

Please Log in to join the conversation.

13 years 10 months ago #135568 by krileon
Set your (two or three) fields to NOT display on profile. Then add a Delimiter field to the location you wanted those (two or three) fields to display. Using substitutions you'll render the display of those fields in the format you want. Example as follows.

[code:1]
[cb_address]
[cb_city], [cb_state] [cb_zipcode]
[/code:1]

More information on substitutions can be found within tutorials of my signature.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

13 years 10 months ago #135740 by philippekazek
Replied by philippekazek on topic Re:How to have two fields on the same line on a tab ?
OK. It works fine for an output format.
But I don't understand how to use for a edit mode, in order to modify two fields contents on the same line.

13 years 10 months ago #135742 by wgary
I have the same issue. I havnt found any way to display the fields in Editmode (2 rows will be also ok for me) and on the other hand in displaymode in one line.

looking forward to find a cool solution.
br
Wolfgang

13 years 10 months ago #135838 by krileon
You can't, the edit format is determined by the fieldtype and its core code which handles its edit mode. If you're wanting formatted edit modes you'll need to A) edit core code (which we don't support) or B) develop a new fieldtype plugin to render a fieldtype formatted how you want it.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.211 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn