top "mouseover" menu not visible, and sig issue

13 years 9 months ago #136270 by ferrett78
Ive recently noticed that in profile view, the top menu that includes profile editing, etc is usually abset when viewed in IE. This doesn't seem to be an issue in Chrome or Firefox though.

Also, because CB is linked to Kunena on my site, is there a way to allow users to set a CB/Kunena signature to be added to their posts without having the 2 other options (view type and message ordering) appear in the forum tab?

Inc

Please Log in to join the conversation.

13 years 9 months ago #136292 by krileon

Ive recently noticed that in profile view, the top menu that includes profile editing, etc is usually abset when viewed in IE. This doesn't seem to be an issue in Chrome or Firefox though.

Am not able to duplicate locally or live. It's possible you've a 3rd party installed extension causing a JS conflict (function used may not work in IE causig Fatal error). You also did not specify what I version.. 6,7,8? If 8 did you try compatibility mode?

Also, because CB is linked to Kunena on my site, is there a way to allow users to set a CB/Kunena signature to be added to their posts without having the 2 other options (view type and message ordering) appear in the forum tab?

Yes, using the document subscriber available CB Privacy plugin you can set the other two fields to not display in edit profile.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

13 years 9 months ago #136343 by ferrett78
It's IE8 I'm running, and compatibility mode doesn't seem to fix it. It's quite possibly a 3rd party extension... I guess I'll have to try uninstalling them in reverse order I added, and see if I can isolate one.

13 years 9 months ago #136348 by ferrett78
Upon further inspection, Ive noticed that the menu only appears to be inactive on users that were registered before CB was intalled. So at a guess I'd think there was an error in transferring the profile database from native Joomla 1.5 format to CB?

Ive tried the sync tool, but the problem remains. Would you suggest removing the few files it affects and getting those users to re-register? Or an alternate method? Also, how would this be possible for me, as site admin?

13 years 9 months ago #136364 by ferrett78
Ive also just noticed that the 3 people affected are the only ones who have articles published on the site, and the fault seemed to occur just after I re-arranged the way the site deals with articles. Though technically this had nothing to do with CB - it was just a new menu and a rearrange of the sections/categories...?

13 years 9 months ago #136396 by krileon
Not sure what has caused it. Try reverting your changes and seeing if that resolves it. If it's due to articles try disabling the Article plugin and seeing if that also resolves it. Also try adding an article from your user and seeing if that then causes a problem for your account. What happens when you unpublish those users articles?

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.618 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn