[#1620] can't create a user with User Group Leve

14 years 1 month ago #127060 by fungkur
when a new user try to sign in using their facebook account, they get this alert msg

Error

* You cannot create a user with this User Group Level. Only Super Administrators have this ability.

:huh:

Post edited by: krileon, at: 2010/03/23 19:47

spit it out!

Please Log in to join the conversation.

14 years 1 month ago #127063 by krileon
Ensure you are not using any ACL modification extensions as they are NOT supported. This would imply instead of creating a Registered user it is attempting to create an Administrator user, which means the ACL tables have been altered.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

14 years 3 weeks ago #127768 by qrQq97y3P2yS
I am seeing this issue under the following situation:

Existing user is registered and links their FB account to their CB account using Link button.

Existing user comes back to site and logs in with CB account credentials.

Existing user comes back again and this time uses "F Sign in" - Error raised You cannot create a user with this User Grup Leve. Only Super Adminstrator have this ability.

I am not using any ACL modification extensions.

To correct this user must:
1) login in with CB credentials
2) unlink their FB account
3) logout
4) login with CB credentials
5) link FB account
6) logout and never use CB credentials

Post edited by: qrQq97y3P2yS, at: 2010/03/23 14:03

Trip-G Software

14 years 3 weeks ago #127842 by qrQq97y3P2yS
Further details on this issue-

If you have a user that has a legacy CB account
1) they link it to their FB account
2) then they unlink it
3) then they try to login with the FBconnect plugin

the response is

"You cannot create a user with this user group level. only super administrators have this ability."

Trip-G Software

14 years 3 weeks ago #127843 by krileon
Am not able to duplicate, but have created a bug ticket for further investigation.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

14 years 2 weeks ago #128872 by Rumik
I'm getting the same issue with both Facebook and Twitter. Looking forward to a fix :)

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.239 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn