getting the right user email

14 years 3 weeks ago #128539 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re:getting the right user email

I DO want to always display the FB button and do NOT ever want to hide it.. I just want to make sure users register on my site before they can use it to log in.

All need be is to set Connect Type: to Linking Only in this scenario.

Sorry for the misunderstanding and thanks again for the info.

No worries. B)

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

14 years 2 weeks ago #128568 by rgfuller
Replied by rgfuller on topic Re:getting the right user email
Thanks.. I've got it installed and working. I see that when an unregistered user clicks the button it takes them to a blank profile page displaying the normal CB Login module.

I want to edit this page to add text to explain that the user must first create a profile on my site before they can use FB Connect.

How can I do this? There does not seem to be a parameter in the plugin for this. What can I do?

14 years 2 weeks ago #128586 by mrfully
Replied by mrfully on topic Re:getting the right user email
Is their a way to setup the plugin to work in a manner similar to billboard.com

If you visit their site a new member can connect but than before it allows you to finish activating your account it prompts you to answer a few questions one of them being that the user must submit their email address to validate their login.

Any thoughts on this?

14 years 2 weeks ago #128639 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re:getting the right user email

How can I do this? There does not seem to be a parameter in the plugin for this. What can I do?

Sorry there is no parameter for this, CB Facebook Connection does not control the login page displayed it simply is redirecting to it. Will review possibly adding some sort of message for better clarification of what is happening.

If you visit their site a new member can connect but than before it allows you to finish activating your account it prompts you to answer a few questions one of them being that the user must submit their email address to validate their login.

Sorry, no such feature is implemented and not plans have been made as such. We've plans to review using Facebook API to request a users actual email address however.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.246 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn