getting the right user email

14 years 3 days ago #128027 by rgfuller
Replied by rgfuller on topic Re:getting the right user email
With that setting applied (no new registrations) Will it still display the FB Connect button to unregistered users, and prompt to complete the regular registration first?

It would be good to display the possibility of using FB connect but require normal registration before allowing it.

Thanks very much

Please Log in to join the conversation.

14 years 3 days ago #128040 by nant
Replied by nant on topic Re:getting the right user email
rgfuller wrote:

With that setting applied (no new registrations) Will it still display the FB Connect button to unregistered users, and prompt to complete the regular registration first?

It would be good to display the possibility of using FB connect but require normal registration before allowing it.

Thanks very much

No. The way things work is that if you do not allow facebook users to signup, you don't display the facbook connect button on login form.

14 years 3 days ago #128050 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re:getting the right user email
No configuration aside from unpublishing the plugin will hide the button, period. There is no purpose to the plugin if the button is not available. The following configuration do as follows.

New Registrations Only = Users can only create new accounts with their Facebook data, they can not synchronize their Facebook data with an already existing account. The button "Sign in" will function to allow login or registration of new accounts. When logged in as a standard user will see "Sign in" and not "Link", which will allow them to create a new account with Facebook credentials. If signed in via Facebook will be displayed "Unlink" button.

Linking Only = Users can only synchronize their Facebook data to an already existing account, they can NOT create new accounts. The button "Sign in" will continue to display so those linked users may login with their Facebook credentials. If logged in and linked will display "Unlink" button otherwise will display "Link" button.

New Registrations & Linking = Will allow new users and existing users to synchronize facebook data (recommended).

Regardless of configuration a button will display for the appropriate action; if you do not want a button, unpublish the plugin.

Post edited by: krileon, at: 2010/03/25 19:11

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

14 years 2 days ago #128090 by rgfuller
Thanks Nick,

I figure when 2 replies contradict that an Admin outranks a Moderator, but Kyle's response is very detailed and sounds well informed.

So could you please clarify whether the information he has offered is correct?

I'm doing free work for a non-profit, so I'd like to learn the answer before paying for the subscription (which I'd definitely buy anyway if I wasn't broke).

thanks again

Post edited by: rgfuller, at: 2010/03/25 23:46

14 years 1 day ago #128223 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re:getting the right user email

I figure when 2 replies contradict that an Admin outranks a Moderator, but Kyle's response is very detailed and sounds well informed.

Posts are not contradicting one another, I've just explained in more detail for you is all. He is also correct, if you disable Facebook sign in (the plugin) no button will show.

So could you please clarify whether the information he has offered is correct?

Both answers/information is correct.

If you wish you can edit the plugin to show the button only at the locations or based off the scenarios you are wanting as it is not encoded, but please keep in mind we can not provide you with support for the plugin once you have implemented modifications.

Post edited by: krileon, at: 2010/03/26 23:39

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

14 years 1 day ago #128269 by rgfuller
Great, thanks. That's exactly what I want without modification.

I DO want to always display the FB button and do NOT ever want to hide it.. I just want to make sure users register on my site before they can use it to log in.

I was not speaking clearly when I said "display the possibility of using FB connect".. and "require normal registration before allowing it" IT meaning the possibility of using the button to log in, not its visual display.

Sorry for the misunderstanding and thanks again for the info.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.238 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn