[#1615] Dealing with SSL

14 years 1 month ago #127467 by qrQq97y3P2yS
[#1615] Dealing with SSL was created by qrQq97y3P2yS
If this is the wrong place forgive me. I made the following changed to deal with SSL. Can you incorporate them in a future release?

Thank you,

ggg

xd_receiver_ssl.htm
<script src="ssl.connect.facebook.com/js/api_lib/v0.4/XdCommReceiver.js" type="text/javascript">

cb.facebookconnect.php

// TODO - Tripg added to account for SSL needs
$currenturi = JURI::getInstance();

if($currenturi->getScheme() == 'https') // TODO - Tripg if the site is using ssl use ssl for FB
{
$_CB_framework->document->addHeadScriptUrl( 'ssl.connect.facebook.com/js/api_lib/v0.4/FeatureLoader.js.php' );
}
else
{
$_CB_framework->document->addHeadScriptUrl( 'static.ak.connect.facebook.com/js/api_lib/v0.4/FeatureLoader.js.php' );
}

if($currenturi->getScheme() == 'https') // TODO - Tripg if the site is using ssl use ssl for FB
{
$xd_reciever = $_CB_framework->getCfg( 'live_site' ) . '/components/com_comprofiler/plugin/user/plug_cbfacebookconnect/xd_receiver_ssl.htm';
}
else
{
$xd_reciever = $_CB_framework->getCfg( 'live_site' ) . '/components/com_comprofiler/plugin/user/plug_cbfacebookconnect/xd_receiver.htm';
}

Post edited by: krileon, at: 2010/03/21 17:15

Trip-G Software

Please Log in to join the conversation.

14 years 1 month ago #127508 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re:Dealing with SSL
Thank you for your contribution; have created a feature ticket on our forge for such a feature to be added.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

13 years 11 months ago #131263 by qrQq97y3P2yS
Replied by qrQq97y3P2yS on topic Re:[#1615] Dealing with SSL
This didn't make RC3? What is the priority of this? Is anyone else using SSL on their sites?

Trip-G Software

13 years 11 months ago #131301 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re:[#1615] Dealing with SSL
qrQq97y3P2yS wrote:

This didn't make RC3? What is the priority of this? Is anyone else using SSL on their sites?

Feature was rejected. We won't be implementing SSL support. Please edit necessary files changing HTTP to HTTPS. Back-up methods to make API calls via Snoopy fail when cURL isn't available due to such a change as cURL is required for HTTPS requests (basically users without cURL wouldn't be able to use FBC).

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

13 years 11 months ago #131419 by qrQq97y3P2yS
Replied by qrQq97y3P2yS on topic Re:[#1615] Dealing with SSL
Thought that the logic to check for https in the uri prior to switch to https on the FBC call would handle that. Ok we'll keep hacking the code. Please note for others it is not as simple as switch to HTTPS and does require all the steps outlined in my original post.

Thank you,

ggg

Trip-G Software

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.217 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn