Password and Access rights - Facebook

14 years 3 weeks ago #128113 by myaviation
Password and Access rights - Facebook was created by myaviation
Just trying to figure out this new and cool feature..

So if I implement this new plugin.. and a new user can use there FACEBOOK account to access my site..

Do they get registered as a user then?

ie if i have 1000 users and 10 new ones use the facebook login (not users before) do i now have 10 more users and i can see them in my USERS...
As I run a JOB posting section and say a new biz comes in wanting to post a job.. But they signed in with there facebook account - Can I then merg there facebook user to there JOB account.. Also to i have SOBI2 running as well can I do that as well with a user to manage there stuff on my site

Password - where does the users change there password? Does anything get stored on my site? Hope not..

Do i need to do anything with facebook - do i need a special page with them? or an account to do this..

Thanks for your info..

Please Log in to join the conversation.

14 years 3 weeks ago #128191 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re:Password and Access rights - Facebook

Do they get registered as a user then?

Yes.

ie if i have 1000 users and 10 new ones use the facebook login (not users before) do i now have 10 more users and i can see them in my USERS...

Yes.

As I run a JOB posting section and say a new biz comes in wanting to post a job.. But they signed in with there facebook account - Can I then merg there facebook user to there JOB account.. Also to i have SOBI2 running as well can I do that as well with a user to manage there stuff on my site

Not sure I understand, merge their Facebook account with their existing CB account? No, you'd need to take their Facebook ID from their new account and place it on their existing account then delete their new account. If the user wants to "Link" the accounts they must first sign in as normally then via Facebook.

Password - where does the users change there password? Does anything get stored on my site? Hope not..

The user is given a randomly generated password, of course the user is stored into Joomla/CB. User can change this password at anytime of course and still login via Facebook perfectly fine.

Do i need to do anything with facebook - do i need a special page with them? or an account to do this..

Of course you need a Facebook account, you need to create a Facebook application which is used in conjunction with the plugin; Please see instructions in documentation.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

14 years 3 weeks ago #128227 by myaviation
Replied by myaviation on topic Re:Password and Access rights - Facebook
Ok thanks for you comments..

Is it hard to make up a "Of course you need a Facebook account, you need to create a Facebook application which is used in conjunction with the plugin; Please see instructions in documentation. "

Do you need to be a programmer or something?

As i just want the user to connect wiht there facebook account.. thats all..

14 years 3 weeks ago #128252 by nant
Replied by nant on topic Re:Password and Access rights - Facebook
myaviation wrote:

Ok thanks for you comments..

Is it hard to make up a "Of course you need a Facebook account, you need to create a Facebook application which is used in conjunction with the plugin; Please see instructions in documentation. "

Do you need to be a programmer or something?

As i just want the user to connect wiht there facebook account.. thats all..

The instructions in the documentation are very detailed and should be easy to follow.

You do not need to be a programmer.

Please note that we do not 'per say' sell the Facebook Connect plugin, but we offer it along with 12 other CB Team addons as a thank you to our CB Documentation subscribers supporting further development of our FREE Community Builder suite. As of March 19th, the CB Documentation subscription fee will be increasing by 10 euros. Just giving you a heads up so you don't miss up on the opportunity to save this 10 euro amount.

Even at 35 euros (new price), the 13 extra addons you get would still be a bargain.

End of sales pitch ;)

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.227 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn